No full range music

My stuff:

2019 BMW M550i with HK system
    Mobridge DA1
    toslink to spdif converter
    minidsp 6x8
    Audio control Lc 6.1200
    JL RD 500/1

LC powers front doors (Morel Hybrid 402) ran passively, 8 inch under seat woofers (OEM), and rear doors/deck (OEM), summed.

JL powers JL 10w3v3 inside visual.ice sub enclosure

Everything worked fine for about 2 months. Last week, sound has changed. Songs aren’t playing completely. Kind of sounds like it’s playing in MONO. That’s the best I can describe it. I connected the DA1 directly to an external stereo receiver and it works perfectly. I restored the dsp to factory default as well. The LC has a stereo/mono switch for each channel. I confirmed all are set at stereo. Could the dsp have gone bad? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Josh
    Vehicle
    2016 WRX

Re: No full range music

I’m sorry man but I can’t be much help to you!! I fear this is a query for one of the guys around here that really knows a bit (and I’m not one of them!).

I can only give general information (and I’m only doing this as I see you have had no answers). If it worked and then doesn’t then that probably means that you changed something (by accident or on purpose but forgot), something changed somewhere and you don’t know about it, or something is cactus.

Again I feel the need to speak my humble opinion; that working OEM gear into aftermarket gear just always seems to lead to problems.

Anyway that doesn’t help much...did you check the DA1 was working through your car install or just bench test it? I ask because if you tested it in car and everything worked after the DA1 then I would say there is zero chance the DSP has problems (I assume the miniDSP comes after the DA1 in the signal chain? Not familiar with that item sorry!).

In that case obviously your problem is in front of the DA1. If you just bench tested it then you know it works...doesn’t mean that it will work in the car situation though.

Just IMHO as I know lots of guys love them and have no problems with them; but if I was looking at your gear I would look at the miniDSP first. In my experience - and I don’t mean any offence man; peace! - but they can become riddled with issues.

Need answers from guys smarter than me though; because when you are attempting to integrate OEM gear with aftermarket gear shit can go wrong all over the place.

Sorry I couldn’t help out - well...at all really - but I always try to put at least something down to posts that have hung around but no one has answered. Hope something helped or you get it sussed out anyway mate��
    Peace

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    ‘19 BMW M550i

Re: No full range music

Sup Cap’n. Appreciate your input. Everything was working perfectly normal prior to a couple weeks ago, as far as I know. At least I never noticed it. Ha. I did attach my iPhone to the dsp via the rca inputs. It didn’t sound very good, not sure why. I recalled this yesterday. I doubled checked the routing configuration to make sure the input was switched back to Digital input. Could this have messed something up in the dsp? Not sue why it would. I sent en email to minidsp yesterday and am waiting their reply. As far as integrating aftermarket stuff with OEM, I’ve never had much of an issue. I had this stuff (I had a Match dsp instead) in a previous 2016 BMW; and didn’t have any issues. It’s looking like the issue is mostly likely the minidsp. I may have to go back to Audiotec Fischer.