Thread: Tweeters hissing

1. Back To Top    #1

Tweeters hissing

Hi guys, so today i started getting this hissing from my both my tweeters. I haven't touched the gains or anything and even when the gains are at the lowest i'm getting it. Tweeters are connected to a p six amp/dsp and are full active.

Getting it when there's no music playing at all and even when the car is off (for a while until the amp/dsp turns off). Gets higher when i turn up my headunit volume up.

Don't get any noise from my mids at all. Any ideas? Thinking it could possibly be the high level wiring?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Tweeters hissing

disconnect the radio/source from the psix and see if your noise goes away.

3. Back To Top    #3

Issue went away for some reason not sure what fixed it. Cheers for the response.

4. Back To Top    #4

i'm glad it went away. the problem with issues going away on their own is they usually come back on their own.

5. Back To Top    #5

cables going bad. Often RCA cables, they tend to be less reliable than other car electronic connectors. It can mess with the de-facto gain. I'll bet dollars to donuts you can make the noise come and go by wiggling cables at the right location.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
    cables going bad. Often RCA cables, they tend to be less reliable than other car electronic connectors. It can mess with the de-facto gain. I'll bet dollars to donuts you can make the noise come and go by wiggling cables at the right location.
    How do they go bad?

As likely... is that corrosion got removed when they were unplugged and then plugged back in.

7. Back To Top    #7

car environments are brutal. totally brutal. If you ever wondered why OEM car electronics seem to be built to be bullet and bomb proof, and aftermarket just... not so over-done, it's because one was designed to survive 20 years outside and ungrounded, and the other not so much....

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Whiterabbit View Post
    car environments are brutal. totally brutal. If you ever wondered why OEM car electronics seem to be built to be bullet and bomb proof, and aftermarket just... not so over-done, it's because one was designed to survive 20 years outside and ungrounded, and the other not so much....
    Yeah but ^all that^ does not explain why unplugging the RCAs and then plugging them back in cured the noise?
    There is no brutality in that.

9. Back To Top    #9

Sure does. The frayed or cold solder or single-strand end of one side of the cable got a stronger connection when fiddled with. Thus the wiggle comment. If that was the fix, i expect the issue to return within the month. Monitor for it...

10. Back To Top    #10

I agree.
    Even just heat/cold cycling in a car - things expand and contract.
    Here where I live we have 4 real seasons, too...
    Winters with cold and many feet of snow that literally turn the car into a freezer - and summers in the 90s with full paint blistering sun that turns your car into a greenhouse with temps way over 100 in there.
    "Brutal" is a good word for anything inside a car.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk