Thread: Helix V8 MK2 Software update(4.70a beta) - A must do!!!

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

Helix V8 MK2 Software update(4.70a beta) - A must do!!!

I recently updated from DSP-tool version 4 4.65 to 4.70a beta. I attempted this a few monhs ago but realized the Director also had to be updated in order for the new software to work. So, I went back to 4.65 as I was not prepared to update the Director at that time. Just yesterday I upgraded the software and the director. This upgrade made a huge improvement in sound quality. My music is now centered, cohesive, and in phase. Supposedly the polarity was reversed on all channels on the old software. I was not expecting any improvement in sound quality. Flipping the polarity on all channels at the same time should sound exactly the same, right? I upgraded simply to try out the auto TA, which I haven't even tried yet. What was this magical upgrade? I think there is more to it than just the polarity being reversed on all channels. Was there more involved with this upgrade that I'm not aware of? For any Helix V8 MK2 owners out there, do yourself a favor and upgrade to 4.70a beta ASAP.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Re: Helix V8 MK2 Software update(4.70a beta) - A must do!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stycker View Post
    I recently updated from DSP-tool version 4 4.65 to 4.70a beta. I attempted this a few monhs ago but realized the Director also had to be updated in order for the new software to work. So, I went back to 4.65 as I was not prepared to update the Director at that time. Just yesterday I upgraded the software and the director. This upgrade made a huge improvement in sound quality. My music is now centered, cohesive, and in phase. Supposedly the polarity was reversed on all channels on the old software. I was not expecting any improvement in sound quality. Flipping the polarity on all channels at the same time should sound exactly the same, right? I upgraded simply to try out the auto TA, which I haven't even tried yet. What was this magical upgrade? I think there is more to it than just the polarity being reversed on all channels. Was there more involved with this upgrade that I'm not aware of? For any Helix V8 MK2 owners out there, do yourself a favor and upgrade to 4.70a beta ASAP.
    Yes. Polarities were a bit wonky on the V Eight using v4.65. You had to toggle polarity back and forth in SW for the change to take affect. Unless you were monitoring with an RTA you couldn't be sure what you were getting.

Another V Eight specific change was fixing the subwoofer outputs. Sub channels 1 & 2 were swapped.

Also, v4.70 brought the auto time alignment feature. But, folks report that this is buggy. ATF knows this and will fix in the next release.

Ge0
    Scanspeak - Dynaudio - Helix - Bose

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

Sounds like I'll wait a bit to try out the auto TA. Thanks Ge0

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Doug Dobson
    Vehicle
    2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Jeep JK, 2005 VW Touareg, 2012 Kia Optima SX, 1992 Jeep YJ, 1999 Silverado, 1992

Download 4.72a if you are going to update everything anyway. It has a few fixes over 4.70a and the unreleased 4.71 variants.
    Doug Dobson

5. Back To Top    #5

Is there a changelog for 4.72? Can't find one on the website.

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by Clintonl View Post
    Is there a changelog for 4.72? Can't find one on the website.
    It is now online on their website.

looks like some decent improvements where made

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Doug Dobson
    Vehicle
    2018 Audi Q5, 2012 Jeep JK, 2005 VW Touareg, 2012 Kia Optima SX, 1992 Jeep YJ, 1999 Silverado, 1992

Changelog is also listed in the software on the startup screen along with the files for ATM, RTA, and ISA as well as all of the drivers and the ACO updater.
    Doug Dobson