Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ground Zero GZDSP 4-8XII DSP

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Ground Zero GZDSP 4-8XII DSP

Quote Originally Posted by goatpanda View Post
    It's so weird. They still seem to offer some pretty high-end stuff, like their Reference Pure amps. But then they do something like this...I don't get it. I like my Dayton and it hasn't given me any problems, but there would have to be some significant improvements to it for me to pay double for a variant.
    Many boutique home hifi brands do this as well, specialize in one area like speakers or amps then fatten up their product line with high-margin rebrand/re-specs. Can't blame them, but you gotta be careful.

2. Back To Top    #12

Re: Ground Zero GZDSP 4-8XII DSP

Quote Originally Posted by goatpanda View Post
    It's so weird. They still seem to offer some pretty high-end stuff, like their Reference Pure amps. But then they do something like this...I don't get it. I like my Dayton and it hasn't given me any problems, but there would have to be some significant improvements to it for me to pay double for a variant.
    Yeah, the Dayton is fine for what it is... actually great for the price but the GZ at 350/400 is starting to knock on the doors of some really nice DSP's especially if you are willing to buy used off these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by shootmedmmit View Post
    Many boutique home hifi brands do this as well, specialize in one area like speakers or amps then fatten up their product line with high-margin rebrand/re-specs. Can't blame them, but you gotta be careful.
    Yeah, and in GZ's defense, if you are going to try a make a budget DSP, the Dayton is a great one to copy, but be realistic on the price... I bet if GZ had released this at/around $200 we would accept their claims for "upgraded" and be happy and it would have sold like the Dayton so we would have more reviews.