Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossposted - New Box for 2 HAT Clarus 10s / New subs??? - F150 SuperCrew

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    19 F150

Crossposted - New Box for 2 HAT Clarus 10s / New subs??? - F150 SuperCrew

I need some advice for sub stage.
    I have 2 HAT Clarus 10s on about 500-600 watts under the seat of my F150 ported. Have never really been happy with it, I want it to play into 20s but it falls on its face at 30 or so when it’s tuned to 34. I’ve messed with port area a lot and it never helped.
    Any recommendations? I want it loud, I can switch woofers if need be, but can’t be more than about 5” deep. Maybe a tad more. TIA!
    Wouldn’t wanna spend more than 200-250 a sub used or new. I enjoy value, I mainly went HAT because it matched the front stage.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Re: Crossposted - New Box for 2 HAT Clarus 10s / New subs??? - F150 SuperCrew

Tuning lower didn't help at all? Are you able to seal up the enclosure for about a week? Wondering if you would enjoy that more.

I had a 10W6V2 in a Ram regular cab, downfiring in a ported enclosure. Like you, wanted it to match my C5 component set, but was never satisfied with the output or sound... until I stuffed a T-shirt in the port for a few days. It completely changed the sound, and I ended up sealing the enclosure properly afterwards. Was way more enjoyable for the setup in that truck.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    19 F150

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Tuning lower didn't help at all? Are you able to seal up the enclosure for about a week? Wondering if you would enjoy that more.

I had a 10W6V2 in a Ram regular cab, downfiring in a ported enclosure. Like you, wanted it to match my C5 component set, but was never satisfied with the output or sound... until I stuffed a T-shirt in the port for a few days. It completely changed the sound, and I ended up sealing the enclosure properly afterwards. Was way more enjoyable for the setup in that truck.
    The box size would be too big to just seal off the port and the box is at several angles, so blocking off the port frmo the inside isn't the easiest thing to do. I've considered just rebuilding the box, it wouldn't take more than half of the day or so.

It's tuned around 34, and I've had 3 different port areas and it's not that it isn't loud. My last setup played 18-50 no problem ported and I want that again, but it just never has seemed realistic.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Gotcha. I've only heard a handful of those HAT Clarus subwoofers. One was a 10", and it was quite impressive. But also in a sealed enclosure, and in a smaller hatchback - which could explain why it sounded so nice.

5. Back To Top    #5
    Vehicle
    19 F150

Gotcha. I've only heard a handful of those HAT Clarus subwoofers. One was a 10", and it was quite impressive. But also in a sealed enclosure, and in a smaller hatchback - which could explain why it sounded so nice.
    Tried to seal it up, definitely didn't help on the low end. Am thinking of either rebuilding the box (PITA) and using a smaller port to get more space and tune lower or just get new subs all in all for more power, more cone area, but go sealed.

Thoughts?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Have you seen this one, they just released it a few weeks ago:

Q LOGIC Q CUSTOMS QL-C1FSC210A01 DUAL 10" SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURES BOX

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    19 F150

Have you seen this one, they just released it a few weeks ago:

Q LOGIC Q CUSTOMS QL-C1FSC210A01 DUAL 10" SUBWOOFER ENCLOSURES BOX
    I can get nearly double that space by building it, only 0.65 cubes per sub.

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Ohhh, shoot. I didn't even notice that.

9. Back To Top    #9
    Vehicle
    19 F150

Ohhh, shoot. I didn't even notice that.
    I'm seriously considering the L7T 12s sealed since it'd have the most cone area out of any price point that I can fit.

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

I know my ID8v.4D2s play down into the upper teens...sealed. Great subs and not expensive at all!