Thread: Helix Ultra coax input and the highest sample rate you have used successfully?

1. Back To Top    #1

Helix Ultra coax input and the highest sample rate you have used successfully?

Hi all, I have a quick simple question.

What is the highest sample rate you have used with the Ultra coax digital input?

Using a Fiio M11 Pro I have used up to 96Khz with both FLAC and Tidal music formats. If I play a file with 176.4 Khz (88.2Khz doubled) source files using my Fiio, I get the music output but I also get a lot of static sounds as well.

Uses the same setup on my home DAC the Fiio works just fine and the signal/sound is clean up to 176.4 Khz sample rate. All files are 24 bit (bit depth) files. The Ultra is spec'd to handle up to 192 Khz sample rate on the Coax input.

I have used both my home digital coax cable and car digital coax cable and the same thing happens.

Note I am only interested in the digital coax input and not in the other inputs for hi-rez music.

Just curious what others have found and if you have had success. I have reached out to MSC but I do not have an answer as of yet and that is fine as they need time to respond.
    Just having fun playing in the car audio sandbox!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Ben
    Vehicle
    2015 Ford Escape TI with sony

Re: Helix Ultra coax input and the highest sample rate you have used successfully?

Does 88.2k work ok? The helix may have trouble with all of those odd mclk divisions.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Helix Ultra coax input and the highest sample rate you have used successfully?

88.2 Khz works like a charm and 48 Khz does as well.
    Just having fun playing in the car audio sandbox!