Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: JBL Stadium GTO20M 2" Dome Mid-range Unboxing

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Re: JBL Stadium GTO20M 2" Dome Mid-range Unboxing

The back of them look identical to the Infinity 20MX, but the front looks different, could be just the color, but something looks a little different to them. I am sure once you get them fired up you will be pretty pleased with the performance.

One word of warning, if you are going to solder connections onto them, be very careful..... I soldered connections onto my 20MX, somewhere along the way the soldered connection became loose (likely if I were better at soldering, this would not have happened). Anyway, while trying to clean off old solder from the terminal, whatever is holding the spade connector to the mid itself melted before the solder did. So, in the end I had to do a hack job repair that I am not proud of in the slightest!
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

Re: JBL Stadium GTO20M 2" Dome Mid-range Unboxing

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    The back of them look identical to the Infinity 20MX, but the front looks different, could be just the color, but something looks a little different to them. I am sure once you get them fired up you will be pretty pleased with the performance.

One word of warning, if you are going to solder connections onto them, be very careful..... I soldered connections onto my 20MX, somewhere along the way the soldered connection became loose (likely if I were better at soldering, this would not have happened). Anyway, while trying to clean off old solder from the terminal, whatever is holding the spade connector to the mid itself melted before the solder did. So, in the end I had to do a hack job repair that I am not proud of in the slightest!
    Yes, given Infinity and JBL are owned by Harmon, it doesn't surprise me that each brand offers similar products. I believe there is a slight difference in dome materials; hence the 50hz difference in bottom-end frequency response. Looks like the JBL's cross-over at a lower frequency (500Hz vs. 550Hz), which is where my 3.5" coaxials are currently crossed at; from 475 to 550.

I definitely will not be soldering the terminals because they are so close to the plastic housing. I have some awesome terminals that will do just fine. Not too concerned with them disconnecting. Do appreciate the heads-up though!

I'm excited to venture into my first 3-way front-stage, but not until the heat here in Phx hits below 90F. Going to be a couple of months yet, unfortunately.
    Last edited by cueball981; 08-28-2020 at 03:42 PM.