Thread: 2007 Tundra Head Unit

1. Back To Top    #1

2007 Tundra Head Unit

Howdy All!

I have a 2007 Tundra that I've been building:

Kenwood KDC-X997 Single DIN
    Dayton DSP-408 ( Soon to be Mosconi 6to8 )
    JL Slash 300/4 ( Mids & Highs )
    JL Slash 300/2 ( Midbass )
    JL Slash 1000/1 ( Nothing Yet )
    JL XD600/1 ( Front Sub )

Dayton ND28F-6 Tweets
    Dayton RS100p-4 Mids
    AD w800NEO Midbass
    Datyon RSS210HF-4 Front Sub
    Rear Sub TBD

Here's the issue. The Head Unit looks awful on the dash. I would prefer a stock look. I really like the idea of this:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Toyota-...oAAOSwd4Nex44r

Does anyone have any experience with these cheap Android units? One of the things I want is a volume knob. Yeah. i guess I am becoming "that" old man.

Budget is not a huge concern.

-Jay

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: 2007 Tundra Head Unit

I have heard lots of conflicting reports on the Android units. Lots of happy customers that have them(The ones who saved money and like the android functionality), and lots of unhappy audio dealers (I'm guessing their the ones who have to warranty/troubleshoot said devices) A single din radio seems to actually be your problem....Why not look at Stinger ELEV8 or one of the many new head units that are double din and bigger(7"-10")? There are many dash kits for this truck.

3. Back To Top    #3

Look for the latest Joying units... they have digital spidif out so you get a nice clean signal to your DSP. The rca out voltage on most of these sucks which is why I have always stayed away... like less than 1V.

But apparently the new ones have an intel chip and are very fast and responsive... have apple car play and android auto, and a digital out... I'm thinking about grabbing one to play with.

4. Back To Top    #4

I’m also in the same boat.

Have a Helix v twelve with optical in.
    my problem is, i dont want to use something like @dumdum‘s method with a Topping D10.
    i want a headunit like in the „old“ days.

Now i also found these Joying Headunit‘s, but theres so less information about them out there.
    im really afraid to buy one of them.

i already had soooo many Headunits because of BT(already gave it up because of SQ) problems, really dont want to buy another shi**ty piece of a headunit.

Mixed feelings..

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

I use an Ibasso DAP that has built in optical out. I have a 500 GB SD card in it. I like to set it to shuffle. If I want to skip to the next song its easy enough to hit a side button without ever taking my eyes of the road.