Thread: GS8ND2 - BNIB - Authorized Dealer - Full Warranty - 9 pairs available $598/pair Shipp

1. Back To Top    #1

GS8ND2 - BNIB - Authorized Dealer - Full Warranty - 9 pairs available $598/pair Shipp

I have a long-awaited Brand New 8" Woofer from AudioFrog. These are part of the Air Shipment Andy did, so some dealers will have them and some are waiting for the boat to arrive in a few weeks. They are ready to ship and will ship the same day.

I opened one woofer to take these pics, but all are brand new.

So....should you buy these for your intended application?? Well, that depends on your application. This is what these woofers will work great for....from Andy, himself:

"The GS8ND2 is a subwoofer/woofer. The objective of the design was to make a shallow subwoofer/woofer that will make bass in the correct application--a little box. Most shallow subwoofers require really big boxes and they're often high Q drivers. There are a few that sound good, but not many. So, the GS8ND2 is cool because it can be used in a really small sealed box and also in a really small vented box. It has a long enough voice coil to be a suitable replacement for an OE sub in an infinite baffle. Recognizing that there are some of you who really want an 8" you can put in the door with a crossover frequency of 40 or 50Hz, I decided to put a shorting ring in the speaker to help with the midbass response and to reduce distortion.

The spec sheet indicates that this should be crossed no higher than 300Hz. That works pretty well, since we make a GS25 and a GB25 which will both work great down to 300 Hz. So, if you need a WOOFER for your door in a 3-way system, then this is a pretty cool one that's only 3" deep. It is NOT a midrange. It wasn't intended to be a midrange.

If you need a midbass/midrange driver, we make a great one. That's a GB60. It has two shorting rings, a seriously stiff cone that provides really flat response in the intended passband (up to 2-2.5k). Every time someone asks me where they should cross their midbass, I say the same thing. 80Hz, LR4. Cross the sub at 60Hz also LR4. This works great. It gets the phase really close so getting the bass in the front is easy. It keeps a lot of distortion out of the signal, preserves the speaker and makes it possible for your system to play much louder than if you cross the midbass lower.

If you drive a Porsche 91, as an example, and have no room for a sub, putting these in the doors along with a mid and tweeter will be great. In little boxes under the seats in trucks, these will be great. In the APERIODIC boxes under the seats of BMWs, these will work great."

I included the spec sheet and yes, the are DVC, so you can run them at 1ohm or 4ohm.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6160.jpg 
Views:	134 
Size:	155.7 KB 
ID:	13465Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6161.jpg 
Views:	156 
Size:	230.2 KB 
ID:	13466Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6162.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	238.5 KB 
ID:	13467Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6163.jpg 
Views:	188 
Size:	278.7 KB 
ID:	13468Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6165.jpg 
Views:	175 
Size:	260.3 KB 
ID:	13469Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6166.jpg 
Views:	163 
Size:	204.5 KB 
ID:	13470Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_6167.jpg 
Views:	147 
Size:	213.7 KB 
ID:	13471

My PayPal is Jerry_hdma@cox.net (underscore between jerry and hdma)

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Re: GS8ND2 - BNIB - Authorized Dealer - Full Warranty - 9 pairs available $598/pair S

What sort of power will these take, crossed at 40-50 Hz?
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: GS8ND2 - BNIB - Authorized Dealer - Full Warranty - 9 pairs available $598/pair S

According to WinISD they'll easily take rated power crossed at 40 in a .707 enclosure. Thermal power handling with these would be a bigger concern then excursion.

4. Back To Top    #4

Bump

5. Back To Top    #5

Several sold....still some left!