Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: BMW e46 330cI by Notloudenuf

1. Back To Top    #141
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Re: BMW e46 330cI by Notloudenuf

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Pick a spot for your stuff and make sure it ends up in that spot after you use it.
    Yep, I bought some Craftsman Versatrack stuff to hang larger things on, I think I have about 20' of it, one section next to the air compressor just has all the air tools, the rest of it holds all the things like drills, saws etc. A sort of long term idea I have with it is to install it all the way around the garage and use the small lip to conceal electrical wiring.

Of course though, the best laid plans all fall apart when you have teenagers who "borrow" your tools. Countless times I have repeated the mantra "you are fine to use it, just put it back when done" only to need something, go to where I always put it and either find it in a completely different spot or missing entirely.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

2. Back To Top    #142
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Quote Originally Posted by naiku View Post
    Yep, I bought some Craftsman Versatrack stuff to hang larger things on, I think I have about 20' of it, one section next to the air compressor just has all the air tools, the rest of it holds all the things like drills, saws etc. A sort of long term idea I have with it is to install it all the way around the garage and use the small lip to conceal electrical wiring.

Of course though, the best laid plans all fall apart when you have teenagers who "borrow" your tools. Countless times I have repeated the mantra "you are fine to use it, just put it back when done" only to need something, go to where I always put it and either find it in a completely different spot or missing entirely.
    I'm lucky that I'm the only user of my stuff out here. If something gets borrowed I take it to the borrower and "try" to remember who got it and when. People know I have all the tools and I'm ok to lend so long as I get it back.

I need to look into the Versatrack. Do you like it pretty good? If you haven't will you post a picture in your garage build log?
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

3. Back To Top    #143
    Vehicle
    Swedish Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    I need to look into the Versatrack. Do you like it pretty good? If you haven't will you post a picture in your garage build log?
    Posted some updates and pictures, I am pretty happy with it, it's pretty sturdy and has plenty of options for hanging different things on there. I have everything from a headge trimmer to camera bags hanging on it.
    Another white wagon.
    Instagram - eye_take_pix

4. Back To Top    #144
    Real Name
    Brian
    Vehicle
    2020 Subaru Outback XT

I used to be so good with organizing my garage and tools. Then I started working on the inside of my house. I needed a "temporary" place to store everything, so most of the house stuff ended up in the garage. Then I threw my back out of place. I've been out of commision for the past couple of years. Now my back is feeling better. I started working on my car without first cleaning the garage out. What a mess. Lesson learned, clean and organize the garage first-then work on the car. I usually pull the car in on a diagonal and use both sides and my tools are usually in a specified place. I didn't have enough room to move around and I couldn't find anything. I got the job done but probably would have spent the same amount of time if I cleaned the garage and worked on the car.

5. Back To Top    #145
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Might as well post my future plans.
    Picked these up last night.

Got these at last year's meet and plan to have them installed by May's meet.

2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

6. Back To Top    #146
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I can't wait to hear it

7. Back To Top    #147
    Real Name
    Rich

About damn time!

8. Back To Top    #148
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Any pictures I post counts as progress right?
    The existing vs the proposed

Here is what the Diamond surround looked like when I took the door panel off. Just a little smushed

A few minutes with a heat gun after

The cutout diameters are not even close

Gotta get started on some new adapters
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

9. Back To Top    #149
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Passenger side speaker bracket. Skipping to the end the speaker would not fit. Turned out the window track bolt at the bottom was in the way. I figured out I had the bracket mounted about 1/4" too low. I cut a notch at the mounting screw and a 5mm spacer and it was good to go. One down....

Also went from 4 lean codes down to 2. Ordered and installed a MAF to repair. Fingers crossed

Future.....
    Last edited by Notloudenuf; 1 Week Ago at 09:03 PM.
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma