Thread: Worth the change - Zapco ZII to Mosconi Pro?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Danny
    Vehicle
    2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee

Worth the change - Zapco ZII to Mosconi Pro?

Hello all,
    I just posted the same question on DIYMA but needed different point of views...

It’s been a while since I’ve posted on this forum due to some health issues and just gathering all components and necessary tools & equipment to finally finish this build in my WK2 JGC.

Anyways, I just need a little help making sense of my scattered thoughts. I’ve been contemplating selling all (4) of my Zapco ZII series amps and purchasing (2) Mosconi Pro series amps. My signature below tells the tale of the components I have now. What say you all... Yea or Nay???

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: Worth the change - Zapco ZII to Mosconi Pro?

I think at this point it's a toss up. It comes down to do you want them or not.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #3

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	justdoit.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	19.4 KB 
ID:	13414

4. Back To Top    #4

I don't see a signature that shows what you currently have... and I seem to recall that I may have replied to this question on DIYMA.
    But let me post my observations, from a guy that kinda went the same route as what you're considering.

I had a 6-channel Zapco Z-II amp (which I had nothing but issues with).
    I subsequently returned it under warranty, and traded it for a Z-LX amp - which did sound a bit cleaner (to me).
    I then swapped the Zapco Z-LX for a 6-channel MMATS amp - which sounded identical to the Z-LX (to me).
    I then swapped the MMATS for a Zapco Z-AP amp - which sounded cleaner than the MMATS (to me).
    I then swapped the Zapco Z-AP for Mosconi PRO - which sounds cleaner than the Z-AP (to me).

Putting aside my fetish for swapping amps (5 swaps in 3 years), I would summarize that:
    The Z-LE sounded better than the Z-II
    The Z-AP sounded better than the Z-LE
    The Mosconi PRO sounds better than the Z-AP

... so yes, I would fairly confidently say that; you will notice an improvement, going from Z-II to Mosconi PRO.

Again, this is just one man's observation. Others may have brand preference, and may argue my opinion.
    New Car... Stock Stereo