Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: New Build - BMW E36, budget build

1. Back To Top    #51
    Real Name
    Eric

Re: New Build - BMW E36, budget build

Nice work on the build, I bet your friend is going to have a blast driving and jamming!

2. Back To Top    #52

Quote Originally Posted by mumbles View Post
    Nice work on the build, I bet your friend is going to have a blast driving and jamming!
    Thanks! He is like a kid at Christmas over this thing... Lol
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #53

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    Thanks! He is like a kid at Christmas over this thing... Lol
    Curious what you think of that slim dayton... how does it sound? Musical or just loud

4. Back To Top    #54

Quote Originally Posted by Dakine_surf View Post
    Curious what you think of that slim dayton... how does it sound? Musical or just loud
    I didn't have much listening time yet, but the little I did listen surprised me at how good it sounds... Both output and musically, it does surprisingly well for the price and size! I was able to blend it pretty nicely with the front with a little adjusting of the levels and crossovers.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #55

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    I didn't have much listening time yet, but the little I did listen surprised me at how good it sounds... Both output and musically, it does surprisingly well for the price and size! I was able to blend it pretty nicely with the front with a little adjusting of the levels and crossovers.
    This is good to hear... I keep looking at it for an idea I have... originally I was going to use a couple sundown SD4's but they are nearly twice the price, and its a beater errand car (think Home Depot runs and taking the dog to the beach.)

My only issue is the 12's need 3 cubes for ported??? and 1.3 sealed??? Seems off, but the 10's only require .45 Sealed and 1.1 ported which is much more manageable. I guess I need to get them in WinISD and start playing with some boxes. I'm thinking a really thin Passive Radiator box.

6. Back To Top    #56

Subwoofer trim pieces to tie in with the amps. Aluminum strips - painted satin white, black vinyl band and red pinstripe:

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #57

Dang, your friend is quite lucky to have you putting in this kind of attention to a budget build. Really looks amazing.

Glad he is taking care of his e36... I have a couple at the moment, 2 m3's and a 328i vert, actual m3's are getting rare, most got trashed by kids in the 2010's because they were cheap. I paid $3200 for my 95 m3 in 2011 (not horrible condition but 95K miles and bad paint) and I just paid (pre COVID) nearly 12K for a uber clean 99 with 120K. BaT auctions are showing these on the rise, definitely a future collectable.

8. Back To Top    #58
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Don’t drink too much of that smart water dave, . How does that sub sound?
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

9. Back To Top    #59

Quote Originally Posted by JCsAudio View Post
    Don’t drink too much of that smart water dave, . How does that sub sound?
    Lol!

The sub sounds surprisingly good for it's price and size... I think the average SQ build could do really well with this thing. It really has exceeded my expectations. It keeps it's composure quite well at higher volume, too.
    Last edited by DavidRam; 10-02-2020 at 09:14 AM.

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #60

Quote Originally Posted by Dakine_surf View Post
    Dang, your friend is quite lucky to have you putting in this kind of attention to a budget build. Really looks amazing.

Glad he is taking care of his e36... I have a couple at the moment, 2 m3's and a 328i vert, actual m3's are getting rare, most got trashed by kids in the 2010's because they were cheap. I paid $3200 for my 95 m3 in 2011 (not horrible condition but 95K miles and bad paint) and I just paid (pre COVID) nearly 12K for a uber clean 99 with 120K. BaT auctions are showing these on the rise, definitely a future collectable.
    That's cool! I passed up an opportunity to buy a super clean e36 convertible (less than 90k miles), and I'm still kicking myself for it.

#TRUMP2020