Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: PE Cnote Bookshelf Speakers Build

1. Back To Top    #31
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: PE Cnote Bookshelf Speakers Build

I think a lot of people did not know that....I always see pictures the small size. I like the Large and the medium! I changed post #4 to large and post #6 to medium just trying them out... I like the large size best comparing the two.

Side note:
    Justin, can you see the pictures in post 25?
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

If post #25 has images for everyone to see, this might be the way you have to have google photos input into the forum.

Note: My old way was to just copy image and past image into the reply window. It has worked for me up until recently with this forum (at least nobody pointed out that it wasn't working...well at least until the new home sub thread)

New way:
    Open google photos and open image in new tab
    Copy URL
    Open CAJ reply and click upload image from URL
    Unselect the check box that says "Retrieve remote file and reference locally"
    Should work then. That is how I posted in #25
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Let me know if you have trouble viewing these pictures: I am trying the google photo upload way as I described in the previous post.

I tried the band-it Iron on White Melamine, and it didn't work well for me. I think it may be because it was 110 in my garage and just didn't cool down quite enough. The glue on the non-used stuff was kind of sticky still. This caused it to rip as I was trying to cut it.

This was the glue that was left. Heat gun and scraper got most of it off, then goo gone for the rest.

Glue removed and sanded back down and ready for primer:

First Coat of Primer: I am using rust-oleum painters touch rattle cans and sanding in between every coat with 180, 400, 600, 1500 grit in opposite directions to get it nice and smooth for a gloss topcoat to hide any imperfections as best as possible.

Sanded first coat and applied second coat of primer:

Last edited by Jdunk54nl; 08-22-2020 at 02:29 PM.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I see all the pics from post 25, but on your last post, the only one showing is after "Glue removed and sanded back down and ready for primer:". All the rest have gray "-"

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Charles
    Vehicle
    2015 RAV4

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I see all the pics from post 25, but on your last post, the only one showing is after "Glue removed and sanded back down and ready for primer:". All the rest have gray "-"
    Same here

6. Back To Top    #36
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    That may have been my fault. I added only some of the photos I wanted to the build album on my google drive. Then I deleted them and re-added (all except the sanded one as that was easy to know I already added it). I couldn't see them either.

I just tried again, let me know if they now all show up. I can now see them again.

Here is the full album on google photos:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/qSjPec945JcQzbsV7
    Last edited by Jdunk54nl; 08-22-2020 at 02:42 PM.

7. Back To Top    #37
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Yup, the edit worked

8. Back To Top    #38
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Temperatures have made this a very slow go. Garage is over 90 in the morning and if I use my evaporative cooler, humidity gets on the higher side.

Sanding also isn't fun in those temps as the heat build up causes the sand paper to load up quickly. I purchased some better non-loading sandpaper (stearate coated) to help with that and have been attempting to only work in the mornings prior to work, but that leaves me limited time.

9. Back To Top    #39
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Finally getting some paint on these cabinets.

I put some on last Saturday but one of the spray cans starting spitting paint and forced me to sand the paint back down to primer . Luckily the new sandpaper works amazing! If you need good dry sand paper, the dura gold stuff on amazon is great! https://www.amazon.com/stores/Dura-G...0?ref_=ast_bln

But I have 2 coats on each cabinet now. Going to put one more of paint on before putting the clear coat on.

They are actually starting to look a lot like my vision for them. They will contrast my black gloss desk (I also built that) very nicely.

In this picture you can also see my great storage design for my garage, drop ceiling offering about 130 sq ft of storage space (11ft x 12ft) and then L shaped shelfs (18" x 12ft) on the left side and (3ft x 6ft) back. I then took a torch to them to give the boards some character. This was a great solution for garage storage! Only two vertical supports, the one you can see on the left and then one on the back and far right. Everything is hung on studs and then using joist hangers to hang all of the boards. The weight holding ability is crazy! Total cost was under $500 and then my time which was a couple days.

Last edited by Jdunk54nl; 09-01-2020 at 12:03 PM.

10. Back To Top    #40
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Those are definitely stunning!

Really like the storage layout too
    Are you not entertained?!?!