Thread: PE Cnote Bookshelf Speakers Build

1. Back To Top    #21
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: PE Cnote Bookshelf Speakers Build

Quote Originally Posted by Notloudenuf View Post
    Can you try using another hosting service? Imgur is good as well as the others that were suggested.
    I switched the photos to imgbox, are they still not showing up?

Like I said earlier, if I use a hosting service, it is solely for this site. I'd rather not do that but will try some if I need to...I just love how Google photos auto backs up my photos with unlimited storage. And I don't want to use the site storage for reasons Al stated about storage.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

they work now

3. Back To Top    #23
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

You can use google photos to rotate, crop, and I think you can also export different size images. I usually crop/rotate on my phone right as I take the picture since it's easier.

I'm a huge fan of uploading to the forum so the images don't evaporate randomly in the future.

If none of that works, you are welcome to upload to my Smugmug gallery and link from there. You can use any size and upload as many as you want at a time.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Normally I crop and rotate on my phone as well when I take the picture, but I tried uploading photos with it rotated both ways and the results were unfortunately the same via phone and/or macbook. I didn't try google photos to rotate.

I get the point of uploading the photos and not hosting them and loosing them when a service decides to change their policies (which is why I like google photos because it seems to not do this type of thing), but I also understand Al's point of we will run out of space eventually, and I don't like how it makes the photos come out pretty small and you can't change that. So you have to click on them and make them bigger.

I've found most people have about a 3 click max unless they are REALLY interested in something. So one click to get to the forum, one click to get into the sub-forum they want to read, and one click to get into that thread has reached that 3 click limit. Having to click again is usually too much for most people.

Al, is there a way to make the photos uploaded show up in the post semi bigger? Like a default size thing that is just forum wide? I was thinking about double the size would be awesome. Build photos are ok the current size, but when people post graphs, it requires a click a lot of time to see the data. Then you lose the ability to see what they wrote about the photo so you have that stupid back and forth clicking and closing the photo to view photo then read the description, then view photo again, then read description again, etc.

The file size uploaded would still be the same, just the display size within the thread would be bigger. I can fix the rotation thing, that will just take a little work, but if the default view size was slightly bigger that would fix that issue too. Post 4 and 6 show forum upload forum display size (not actual file size). Post 6 illustrates the point the best with the graphs, in order to actually see the data, you will have to click on them and make them bigger, but the you may wonder which on is the 0.22 uf and which one is without, so you have to go back to the thread and read, then re-open the picture again.
    Last edited by Jdunk54nl; 08-18-2020 at 10:21 AM.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

5. Back To Top    #25
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Test post to see if people can see this way with google photos. If you can/can't, let me know

Last edited by Jdunk54nl; 08-18-2020 at 10:29 AM.

6. Back To Top    #26

I can see them (via Google Chrome).

7. Back To Top    #27
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

as of 11:44am eastern time 8/18/20 i can see them in firefox.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma

8. Back To Top    #28
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    Al, is there a way to make the photos uploaded show up in the post semi bigger? Like a default size thing that is just forum wide? I was thinking about double the size would be awesome. Build photos are ok the current size, but when people post graphs, it requires a click a lot of time to see the data. Then you lose the ability to see what they wrote about the photo so you have that stupid back and forth clicking and closing the photo to view photo then read the description, then view photo again, then read description again, etc.
    Oh, that's what you're missing!
    After you insert the image in your post, double click on it and change the size from "thumbnail" to "full size".

This picture below is adjusted to full size:

Name:  Capture.PNG
Views: 391
Size:  49.2 KB
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

9. Back To Top    #29
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

NICE! I did not know that about double clicking. I tried clicking and right clicking on them before but not double click.....

Now any way to set a default for this? I didn't find anything in user settings.

10. Back To Top    #30

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    Oh, that's what you're missing!
    After you insert the image in your post, double click on it and change the size from "thumbnail" to "full size".
    Ha! Me too. Thank you.