Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: PE Cnote Bookshelf Speakers Build

1. Back To Top    #11
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Re: PE Cnote Bookshelf Speakers Build

Is there a better option for uploading files within the forum? Or does that create server space issues and better just to host them somewhere else?
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I don't mind people uploading pics...especially if they're reasonably-sized. We will eventually run out of space, though, and I'll have to make a decision. Just don't upload a bunch of 8K images

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I don't mind people uploading pics...especially if they're reasonably-sized. We will eventually run out of space, though, and I'll have to make a decision. Just don't upload a bunch of 8K images
    Any way to get orientation controls and size controls for uploaded pictures? Like we can adjust the size and orientation in the post window.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

I use GIMP to resize/crop. When you open a pic, it automatically makes the image right-side-up...you can then resize and save it. There no way of editing the pics in the forum software.

5. Back To Top    #15
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

This seems like a PITA....
    I really don't want to have to hose the files just for this site in another program/online storage site. Adding as attachments has its drawbacks of size and orientation.

Ugh.

6. Back To Top    #16

Name:  images (1).jpg
Views: 361
Size:  12.8 KB

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle

I'm sorry...I'm just one guy running a forum. I don't have unlimited hosting and technical staff like that Verticalscope conglomeration. I have several monthly contributors who help pay the about half of the monthly hosting, but the rest comes out of my pocket. A couple of my buddies are admins who help keep an eye on the place, they can make basic changes in the admin panel, and they let me know when things go haywire....BUT, if something messes up, or someone is having technical issues, I'm the one who fixes it (or tries to). Right now, we've used about 70% of our disk space. If we get too big, we'll have to either upgrade the storage (more money), or start forcing people to host their images off-site.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

I get it. I'd rather host the files from Google photos so it's a "web link" for you but the photo actually shows up without having to click an extra time. I know I am about 50/50 on having to go to another link just to see pictures.

But Google photos does not work...

I checked out the imgbox...not a huge fan of the dark color AND dark font choices...I can't do it..if you're going to choose dark background...then don't choose a dark font color!

9. Back To Top    #19
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Also, I do appreciate you coming here to even offer suggestions, we wouldn't get that elsewhere, which is why a lot of us are now here

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Kendal
    Vehicle
    '02 330Ci & '20 Tacoma

Can you try using another hosting service? Imgur is good as well as the others that were suggested.
    https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/signaturepics/sigpic150_2.gif
    2002 330Ci & 2020 Tacoma