Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: PE Cnote Bookshelf Speakers Build

1. Back To Top    #51

Re: PE Cnote Bookshelf Speakers Build

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    For any interested, here are some better picture of the garage storage
    This was also pre-selling a bunch of stuff that I realized through this I didn't need anymore.
    Excellent work, it turned out very compact!

2. Back To Top    #52
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Well, after sanding down and following my plan above, here are the results. Just need to drill the holes and mount all of the stuff tomorrow.

Here is the full album to view if you so desire: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qSjPec945JcQzbsV7

2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

3. Back To Top    #53
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

But now you have to put screws in them! Ahhh!
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

4. Back To Top    #54

Well, after sanding down and following my plan above, here are the results. Just need to drill the holes and mount all of the stuff tomorrow.

Here is the full album to view if you so desire: https://photos.app.goo.gl/qSjPec945JcQzbsV7

Wow, those look amazing! Nice work, man!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #55

Need sunglasses to look at those beauties!

6. Back To Top    #56
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Finally finished. Listening to them right now while I figure out the Dayton DSP-K board. I have audio passing through, now just to figure out everything else to be controlled by my computer volume level better.

Final Dats results of everything too:

2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

7. Back To Top    #57
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Been playing around with the dayton audio DSP K and KE board that uses sigma studio (basically free range on what you want to do). The dsp board, from my measuring puts out about 1v rms (scope and DMM) before clipping the outputs from my macbook pro turned up all of the way which outputs like .5v measured by my DMM. This required a input gain of 7db.

https://www.parts-express.com/dayton...-out--325-1300

8. Back To Top    #58

Mutual admiration time... I just made these...

to be assembled, and painted... After painting some other mdf efforts, I used a high build primer on them and allowed a good day to go off between coats and smoothing/next layer... then after thre coats of primer I managed to get a nice enough layer of primer on and then some top coat, high build primer made it easier vs previous efforts with normal primer I think

ya gotta love a bit of diy 🙂
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	7C3A8414-034F-46DD-B0AF-EC4CDE4A68C0.jpg 
Views:	184 
Size:	198.5 KB 
ID:	14330   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	82F845BC-A95B-416A-8FCE-21733B6A3E95.jpg 
Views:	202 
Size:	79.8 KB 
ID:	14331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	A4EBAF49-FF63-4AF2-BE01-9A12F51C8CF1.jpg 
Views:	181 
Size:	146.5 KB 
ID:	14332  

9. Back To Top    #59
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Those look nice! What are you going to use them for?

Ya, painting MDF is sometimes easy sometimes hard. This was hard due to the want of a high gloss white. There are definitely some imperfections that I could have taken care of, but I was sick of not being able to use these and it got to a point of good enough. I was also starting to do more damage undoing stuff.

I did use the duplicolor high build primer with their brilliant white.

I strongly encourage the use of the spray max clear and will be using it for all of my future projects like this. They have a gloss and a matte. It is a 2 part much like you would do with cars.

10. Back To Top    #60

Those look nice! What are you going to use them for?

Ya, painting MDF is sometimes easy sometimes hard. This was hard due to the want of a high gloss white. There are definitely some imperfections that I could have taken care of, but I was sick of not being able to use these and it got to a point of good enough. I was also starting to do more damage undoing stuff.

I did use the duplicolor high build primer with their brilliant white.

I strongly encourage the use of the spray max clear and will be using it for all of my future projects like this. They have a gloss and a matte. It is a 2 part much like you would do with cars.
    I need a reference but if not they will end up in my bedroom as they are considerably bigger with better low end than my Gale gold series monitors I think... I will see what these are like, I will try them off a genny 4 channel I have and a mini dsp, with a bank of super caps and a agm battery I have kicking about from a power supply

i think hi build is essential for mdf as the particulates stay on the surface rather than just soak in like normal watery primer and give the next layer something to bite on to