Thread: What determines an amplifier to be best suited for an audible range? Example Included

1. Back To Top    #1

What determines an amplifier to be best suited for an audible range? Example Included

I have a Hifonics BRZ1616.4, I bought this as I thought hey if I go crazy one day I could have up to 4 channels of 1600w midbass. (For the record it is a very nice sounding amplifier it's just that midbass sends it into protect and before that it sends it into crazy like 50amp midbass draws just powering a pair of morel audio maximo 6.5" components at 90w full volume on the front two channels.
    I was very mistaken I've learned recently as I have a capacitor that shows the amp surges and it just takes up way to many amps it seems when driving midbass frequencies which I learned from "kamaz - DJ Blyatman"

So I'm wondering are all amps going to be the same some more easy on power than others or is there actually some specifications when choosing an amplifier that would separate them other than the obvious 10,000.1D amps are for bass lol.

Do I need to repair this amplifier or do I need to set my gains more properly?

I turn everything to max including every eq setting and play flac files through my two source units a iPhone and a sony walkman NW-ZX507 and turn all eq settings to max and then play flac sine waves at the eq peaks and turn the gain as appropriate till the max is found there on any of these eq settings. (another reason I'm doing this is because idk maybe somebody might blow a speaker because they don't know about gain and how to eq... so I guess I'll just set the gain to the most dominate EQ.

I only pray that this amp can actually run 1600w midbass, though if it can't it's fine, so do I need to get it repaired or set my gains like how I mentioned.
    Impressing hot tail with my audio.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: What determines an amplifier to be best suited for an audible range? Example Incl

You will likely have issues with any amps with your setup technique, learn how to eq and setup a system and you will benefit! Other than that this pangs of troll post so I’m done

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: What determines an amplifier to be best suited for an audible range? Example Incl

Quote Originally Posted by dumdum View Post
    You will likely have issues with any amps with your setup technique, learn how to eq and setup a system and you will benefit! Other than that this pangs of troll post so I’m done
    How is it a troll post? I have an equalizer sticking out, if I was to set that to flat then set my gains people would just turn those knobs dude and blow a speaker which did happen. I admit setting the EQ to max in the head unit is a little over kill but then again it's just... I'm not leaving it eq'd like that, I'm setting the gain with it that high and then eq'ing it properly with the equalizer and head unit, it's a sq system and only needs to gets loud enough doing this and it means my speakers will last and idk it's just setting the gains man,

looking past how I've set my gains though...
    What's wrong with my system in your opinion?

4. Back To Top    #4

Go on I’ll bite... how are you setting the gains? Oscilloscope? Dd1? Voltmeter? Also how do you know the signal is clean from the headunit, eq and down the chain?

if setup correctly you won’t need to touch an eq between different types of music, get a dsp and set it up well and your stereo will be way superior!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    How is it a troll post? I have an equalizer sticking out, if I was to set that to flat then set my gains people would just turn those knobs dude and blow a speaker which did happen. I admit setting the EQ to max in the head unit is a little over kill but then again it's just... I'm not leaving it eq'd like that, I'm setting the gain with it that high and then eq'ing it properly with the equalizer and head unit, it's a sq system and only needs to gets loud enough doing this and it means my speakers will last and idk it's just setting the gains man,

looking past how I've set my gains though...
    What's wrong with my system in your opinion?
    Kill the people that try to touch your eq.

6. Back To Top    #6

I used a voltmeter, is that not a good way to do it?

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by punkrocker View Post
    I used a voltmeter, is that not a good way to do it?
    how does a volt meter tell you if something in the chain is clipping? No it’s not, especially when your turning all the eq knobs to full boost

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    SMOKE
    Vehicle
    2006 ZO6 2008 F150

EQ is used to fine tune output...NOT to set gains.

Lemans Blue ZO6. Pioneer HU, Focal and Dayton drivers, JL VXi, JL XD, TW5's...and on and on...