Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: after ten years out of it....

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: after ten years out of it....

oops didnt list any equipment
    my bad guys.
    processor is gonna be a pioneer deq s1000a. basically stole it from crutchfeild for 120 scratch and dent sale.
    amp is gonna be a rockford r2- 750x5
    front stage idk man...i have some brand new morel virtus 602s. and some older stuff. jbl...jl c5s...the morel midbass does not look to beefy. the spider is small and doesnt look like its gonna allow for a lot of throw. gonna find out today though.
    sub is a jl audio tw3 10. in the truck box made by jl. stole that from crutchfeild too. 300 buck strach and dent.

so if you cant tell already it was gonna be a stealthy build. sub in spare tire so people could load the trunk with suit cases and whatever. but not anymore....
    literally the very first thing i did was a drill holes in my sails to see how far i can sink these tweeters in.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

I think you'll really enjoy those Morel Virtus. They do sound really good. Extremely detailed, and I've always been impressed by the midbass impact even the lowest Morel woofers are capable of. Even their Primo subs, no offense to Morel, they look like they couldn't do much at all, but wow! Those suckers have some output, and are still very clean.

That TW3 10 is going to rock also. Always enjoy just about any build utilizing one of those subwoofers.

Is it pretty easy to splice for that processor, or do they have any plug and play adapters available?
    Are you not entertained?!?!

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    I think you'll really enjoy those Morel Virtus. They do sound really good. Extremely detailed, and I've always been impressed by the midbass impact even the lowest Morel woofers are capable of. Even their Primo subs, no offense to Morel, they look like they couldn't do much at all, but wow! Those suckers have some output, and are still very clean.

That TW3 10 is going to rock also. Always enjoy just about any build utilizing one of those subwoofers.

Is it pretty easy to splice for that processor, or do they have any plug and play adapters available?
    thats encouraging about the morels. the spider doesnt look like it can do much at all. the coil is 50 something mm. so like a 2 inch coil. i cheated and did all my deadening a week ago. so my factory mids have been....boomy.
    but the pioneer its gonna be a cut the harness type of deal it seem. reckless abandonment. again. this is a brand new car. virgin. i feel kinda bad just ripping her apart like this but...ive been harder on a b... before.

4. Back To Top    #14

ok...so the finish on the dash trim surrounding the radio is trash...i feel pity for anyone that sees this car in shop. i was a tech at the shop in my town for about 2 years. so i know the plastics. what you can do and cant. the brittleness of of age was second worst to the rubber coating that has white plastic a mm underneath it is a bitch but at least you could put a little plastidip on it.
    but on this thing...kia went with an even worse finish. its plastic rubber. like plastic paint almost.
    all i gotta do is look at it to hard.
    maybe its the summer heat. idk.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15959580712531265490584301642683.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	219.6 KB 
ID:	12965   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15959581156645735061114805292820.jpg 
Views:	143 
Size:	237.4 KB 
ID:	12966  

5. Back To Top    #15

but the pioneer is in and wired up.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15959585144116573839613855456290.jpg 
Views:	152 
Size:	403.3 KB 
ID:	12967   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	15959586261884195106042128367500.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	248.7 KB 
ID:	12968  

6. Back To Top    #16
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I wonder if it could be sanded and primed/painted with SEM. You could even try vinyl wrap or getting it hydra-dipped

7. Back To Top    #17
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Dang, that's crazy how it just flecks off like that.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

8. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I wonder if it could be sanded and primed/painted with SEM. You could even try vinyl wrap or getting it hydra-dipped
    its a little bigger problem than i originally thought. still no problem though. the trim around the radio...the small part is ok.
    its the big ass trim piece that runs across the whole dash. so im gonna have to refinish that and the a pillars now. they are the same color. sooo im thinking something soft.
    like a nice velour. suede maybe.

9. Back To Top    #19

Quote Originally Posted by chithead View Post
    Dang, that's crazy how it just flecks off like that.
    it is literally the softest finish ever. gonna rewrap the whole thing in something soft.

10. Back To Top    #20

so i wired the pioneer into the factory harness. im using rcas to the amp so i ran the speaker outputs back to the factory harness. running the factory speakers off the amp of the pioneer. which is a dumb downed version of the p80. without the left right eq. and the eq drops down to a 13 band eq when you unplug the phone. but its giving me factory de- equalization. and bass restoration. playing around with it has these factory guys bumpin. like its cleaned this right up. midbass moves the hair on my leg with 14 watts. lol. I need a dayton mic cause its using the mic of an iphone 10 right now. i think. it adjusted the t/a of the factory back to 0 very well. it legitimately sounds like a p80. with the phone hooked up. i can tell the eq changes a little when you unplug it. i may just have to work with the 13 channel eq so it sounds the same.