Thread: tablet and hotspot connection

1. Back To Top    #1

tablet and hotspot connection

Been thinking about running a tablet in my car. Most likely an Ipad mini because of ease of charge/data. I've been wondering how to connect data to the ipad without paying for another plan so to speak. I'd like to just hotspot off my phone and have the tablet hook up to it automatically. Is there a way to do that?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: tablet and hotspot connection

In a word no, if it runs later versions of software there is family sharing I think it’s called, and it asks if you wish to connect to an idevice on the same iTunes account, so you have to click connect to hotspot when prompted, you won’t do it automatically I don’t think ����

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Yes, just keep your hotspot turned on the entire time on your phone. It will broadcast just like a router does so everything will connect just like it would to a known router.
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    Yes, just keep your hotspot turned on the entire time on your phone. It will broadcast just like a router does so everything will connect just like it would to a known router.
    You can’t do that with an iPhone

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

If you go to settings -> personal hotspot and slide the slider for allow others to join, mine never goes off. Technically your hotspot is 100% on and you can't turn it off on iphone. This just allows it to broadcast to everyone...
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #6

Get an Android tablet and Tasker with an NFC trigger.

But seriously do iOS offer anything along those lines?

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Jdunk54nl View Post
    If you go to settings -> personal hotspot and slide the slider for allow others to join, mine never goes off. Technically your hotspot is 100% on and you can't turn it off on iphone. This just allows it to broadcast to everyone...
    For something to connect you have to open the hotspot page in setting every time, you can’t actually auto connect without it, it does not work like a router for security, it’s been like this since hotspot was made, and it won’t auto connect a laptop say if you drove to a location with no WiFi and turned the laptop on until you opened the hotspot page on your iphone

family sharing is slightly different, Idevices on the same iTunes account will ‘see’ another idevice with an internet connection and if you ask for the web location with no wifi it will then ask if you want to connect to the phone, there is no way to have an iPad in the car for example connect to an iPhone you bring to the car automatically, you have to do this by performing an action every time