Thread: New from FL

1. Back To Top    #1

New from FL

Hi! I've been a silent reader in the forum for quite some time now. Hope everyone here is doing great. I just recently installed a new head lights and I noticed weird noise from my audio system that may be caused by an electrical problem. Is it possible that the new headlight drew a high current and cause a voltage spike to my audio system? I'm unsure if the power wire of the accessory produces the noise and ground. Will a capacitor help? Would like to get your recommendation on what capacitor to get.

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

Re: New from FL

Are the lights LED? Poorly engineered LED lights often cause RF noise. Unfortunately this includes the vast majority of aftermarket lights. I had some LED fog lights on my Jeep that induced noise, especially on FM radio. I was able to solve my problem by installing ferrite rings close to each light.
    Meh, it'll play.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: New from FL

Hi Smitty, thanks for the response. I installed TruckLite LED head lights. Not sure if its poorly engineered or the problem could be in my installation. Yes, that's what happened to me too. I noticed the weird noise when I turned on the FM radio. I invited a friend to check the wirings. He'll be here on the weekend. Will look for the ferrite rings that you have mentioned. Thanks again!