Thread: Mlv price?

1. Back To Top    #1

Mlv price?

Just been looking around. Ebay seems high right now. Anyone know of a good source for MLV. Perhaps with shipping near the west coast?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Mlv price?

I think it was TM Soundproofing selling virgin mlv cheap.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    SMOKE
    Vehicle
    2006 ZO6 2008 F150

CAE? Define "high"... with regard to price. What are you looking to pay and how much do you need?

Lemans Blue ZO6. Pioneer HU, Focal and Dayton drivers, JL VXi, JL XD, TW5's...and on and on...

4. Back To Top    #4

TM Soundproofing direct has free shipping, also available on Amazon Prime (where i order mine from).

If you need something thinner (but more expensive) you can use 1/64" thick sheet lead for the same effectiveness (1lb per sq ft). Roto Metals.

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    TM Soundproofing direct has free shipping, also available on Amazon Prime (where i order mine from).

If you need something thinner (but more expensive) you can use 1/64" thick sheet lead for the same effectiveness (1lb per sq ft). Roto Metals.
    Have you ever used the Lead Sheet in a car? At 1/64’’ sounds like a very interesting product to use if it’s worth the effort... Never heard about it, but I’m super intrigued

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

6. Back To Top    #6

yeah, i have 1/16" thick in my footwells along with mlv, cld, and ccf to cut tactile feedback (see my build log for details)
    Last edited by nadams5755; 07-25-2020 at 01:53 AM.

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by nadams5755 View Post
    yeah, i have 1/16" thick in my footwells along with mlv, cld, and ccf to cut tactile feedback (see my build log for details)
    Thanks! I will definitely check your build

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk