Thread: Interesting Tweeter Comparison

1. Back To Top    #1

Interesting Tweeter Comparison

https://hificompass.com/en/reviews/b...-t25d-6-t25s-6

I thought I'd post this, as people occasionally ask about differences in tweeter dome materials. Hificompass was given 4 Bliesma tweeters (Aluminium-Magnesium, Beryllium, Diamond and Silk) from the same product range and did objective side-by-side measurements as well as a short subjective impression on each (at the end of the article).

I find the differences in step-response and distortion profiles particularly interesting, as I don't think these could be made identical with just EQ. I have no idea how audible these differences would be if each material was EQ'd to a similar response curve.

On a side note, this whole range seems pretty nice. The Alu/Mag and Be versions are available at solen.ca, I wonder if they'll start carrying the Diamond and Silk versions as well. I'd personally be interested in the Silk version.
    '18 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion 6MT. Hiby RS6 to Helix DSP.3 (Balanced Analog). Amps: Biketronics BT4210 (210 x 4 mids/tweets), Biketronics BT3725 (250 x 2 midbasses, 700 x 1 sub). Mids: Satori MW13P-4 5" (Factory Door Locations). Tweets: Bliesma T25S-6 Silk-Dome 1" (Modded Factory A-Pillar Locations). Midbasses: Dayton Designer DSA175-8 6.5" in Ported Underseat Enclosures. Subs: 2 x Scanspeak Discovery 10" in Underfloor Sealed Enclosure.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Interesting Tweeter Comparison

Thanks for posting !
    very, very interesting and enlightening.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Vehicle
    2018 Nissan Frontier

Cool find goatpanda. That is a very deep review with lots of great info.

4. Back To Top    #4

Thanks for the link

Kelvin