Hi,

Retired a year ago, I've owned my own boats since 2006, and have always had car audio head units for my AV systems. A JVC with DVD in my seagoing yacht between 2006 and 2010, then a fairly simple Sony head on my "barge" from 2011 to about 3 years ago. Both of these units had physical remote controls, (good on a boat). The Sony gave up 3 years ago, so I got Pioneer DEH X7800DAB which has an smartphone app as a remote control - I've been using an iPhone 6s.

With all of these head units, I've had Kef Egg speakers, so reasonably good sound, (IMHO).

I'm definitely not an audiophile, but I do like good sound and, if there is going to be a reasonable improvement, I'm prepared to pay for it.

I'm here because I have just got a new phone, (Samsung S10), and the Android App wont connect to the head unit, (Bluetooth is fine).

I've posted the problem with a bit more detail in the discussion forum.

If I cant sort it, I'll probably use it as an excuse to get a new, better, head unit. I like the talk about the sound quality of the Pioneer DEH 80PRS - and it also has a physical remote!!