Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Helix DSP Mini - optical vs line in

1. Back To Top    #31

Re: Helix DSP Mini - optical vs line in

yeah, check (disable?) the power-savings settings.

2. Back To Top    #32
    Real Name
    Greg
    Vehicle
    2014 Ford F150

Thank you for all your feedback. It made me look further up the signal stream at the source - the AmpPRO.

Apparently I hadn't set up the minimum volume level on the unit using the supplied volume knob - I thought that was only for chime volume level. Once I turned it (the input signal) up, the Helix recognized the input signal and woke up - and never went into power save mode. The UCR.3 works as well. I still haven't tested if the optical signal works or not. I think I can just turn off the analog input and run with digital only, and that's how I could tell if it was working. The optical connection at the AmpPRO (near the HU) is not very tight, but the connector is snug on the Helix DSP's end.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2014 Ford F150 SuperCrew Tremmor 5.0 with 8" Sync screen, w/ AmpPro, Alpine PDX-F4, PDX-M6, MRV-F300, Helix DSP Mini.
    "Gooooood quality music makes my soul smile."

3. Back To Top    #33
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Now you just need to make the drive to phoenix for a tune session
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Greg
    Vehicle
    2014 Ford F150

Yeah, that’s a whole different conversation. I think it would still be a benefit to for me to add screenshots of the DSP screens to troubleshoot other minor issues. Do you own an RTA Mic out there in AZ?
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2014 Ford F150 SuperCrew Tremmor 5.0 with 8" Sync screen, w/ AmpPro, Alpine PDX-F4, PDX-M6, MRV-F300, Helix DSP Mini.

5. Back To Top    #35
    Real Name
    Jacob
    Vehicle
    2014 F150 Limited

Quote Originally Posted by TechUser View Post
    Yeah, that’s a whole different conversation. I think it would still be a benefit to for me to add screenshots of the DSP screens to troubleshoot other minor issues. Do you own an RTA Mic out there in AZ?
    I have a few of them and some run smaart and rew. Justin Zazzi and I like teaching others how to tune
    2014 F150 Limited -> Kenwood DDX-9907xr -> Helix DSP.2 -> Alpine PDX-V9 -> SI M25 mki in Valicar Stuttgart Pods, Rear SB17's, Sub SI BM MKV's in MTI BOX. Alpine PDX-F6 -> SI Tm65 mkIV, SI M3 mkI in Valicar Stuttgart Pods

6. Back To Top    #36
    Real Name
    Greg
    Vehicle
    2014 Ford F150

Yes, I've installed a UCR.3 into my cab, and I'm running both signals, however I've set the DSP to accept only the optical at this point. I've sound dampened my doors and rear cab wall and the sound from my stock Sony (OEM) speakers is very good. Just recently I've installed Morel component speakers in the A-pillars and front doors and it sounds even better. I use the UCR.3 button to switch between driver and passenger for a time aligned front soundstage. There's still more I can get out of the system, but I'm too busy right now.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~