Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Help me pick my "Do it once...Do it right" System equipment

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: Help me pick my "Do it once...Do it right" System equipment

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    I'm still not clear on what this list of gear is specifically meant to achieve - specific personal goals, and all that...
    ...but I would bet even an IASCA judge wouldn't hear differences in the Audiocontrol vs Zapco amplification, and you aren't using the built-in processing since you are using a DSP (and I wouldn't hold Audiocontrol's processing at any disadvantage anyway, of course).

If simply picking between those two, I'd use installation considerations and price to pick between the two.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

OK, after considering all of your suggestions on this thread and counting the cost and my install parameters, I've chosen to go with version two of my choices:

Kenwood Head Unit 9906xr
    Audiocontrol LC-6.1200
    Audio Control LC-1.1500
    Helix DSP.3 Processor
    Audiofrog 3 way GB set in custom speaker pods.
    Stereo Integrity SPL-12 subs (2) sealed

Since I already owned both of the Audiocontrol amps in option one, I needed to sell the dsp amp to get the non-dsp unit. I actually made money and sold it in
    ONE day! So then I ordered the 6 channel non dsp amp. I agree with geolemon that there really would be little difference between the amps...not worth the size and financial impact.

Now I am working on buying the Helix dsp.3. My final pickup will be the audiofrog components. Anyone have a deal on Helix?

2. Back To Top    #22

Ordered the Helix DSP.3 from a fellow member. I was wondering, what setup are you all using when it comes to the Helix DSP? I am probably going to use the USB unit so I can plug in a digital player. I wsa thinking since the Bluetooth module only works with AptX and not AptXHD it wouldn't be wise to invest in that. I was thinking I'd get the wifi module and the usb module. I don't know for sure if I have room for the director. Will the director work with the USB and wifi connected?

Thanks!

3. Back To Top    #23

Another question for you my friends:

Do you know of any good custom installers proficient with Helix DSP processing in Florida? I'll need the benefit of custom door panels and a custom sub box.

Thanks!

4. Back To Top    #24
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

If you're in the Orlando area I believe there's 5star Car Stereo, check them out on Youtube. Not sure if he does what you want but he's pretty darn smart.