Thread: Hello Everybody - Stay Safe & Advice Please...

1. Back To Top    #1

Hello Everybody - Stay Safe & Advice Please...

Hello Everybody,

I hope you are all-ok and are staying safe. My name is Aidan. I live in Manchester UK. When I was younger, my friends and I loved our car audio and, after a long time out of the game, due to academic studies, career and family commitments, I have recently reignited my enthusiasm and passion for car audio.

I found the forum/community through my searches for several pieces of equipment I am looking for, which I would like to buy for an old school build I have in mind. I have been searching out some of the products that were prominent in the game when I was younger, thinking, I would love to own some of these, as I never had the money or time, to buy or build in the past lol. My situation has now changed.

I have soon found that looking to buy these in 2020 is very hard, due to them being dis-continued or replaced by later models, which use parts of a lesser quality, which effect performance and efficiency.

I have been looking for these speakers, because in the past, my friends had them and I found them to be decent. I know now, that these have now been far surpassed by companies like DD, Vibe & Sun Down Audio, together with other good companies. My question is, do you think I am flogging a dead horse by looking for these, or do you think I should continue my endeavour, as they are now unique in their own right.

I have been looking for these either: new, used, needing refurbishment or blown:

Precision Power PPI PC.18DS
    Planet Audio FU12/15/18-2 strokers
    Planet Audio BB215D 3000Watt
    Phoenix Gold Cyclones 12”

Could I ask: what people think of these subs & what would you advise me to do? (Maybe look for some up to date stuff) or continue to endeavour to find these - due to nostalgia.

Any help and advice would always be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Aidan
    Last edited by Aidan_1983; 06-14-2020 at 10:37 AM.