Thread: First post/introduction

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Luke
    Vehicle
    2005 scion xB, 2003 Lexus is300, 1992 S13

First post/introduction

Hello from Oregon! I'm new to the site but not new to the industry. Been installing since the late 90's and have recently got back into it after a long hiatus. Currently working on an 05 Scion xB and I wanted to share with the community as well as possibly find others in the near future for possible meet ups. I miss the old days of car clubs and sound offs. I'd love to try and bring that back more. The Eugene area has grown stale in that respect. Do feel free to say hello. I'll be posting a lot now that I have this new found free time. I hope to meet some of you and I welcome your conversation. Cheers

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: First post/introduction

Welcome! I love those old xB's.

I'm sort of a similar story- I think there's a few of us 40 somethings here. I started installing about as soon as I was driving, that led into all kinds of things over the past 30 years, even driver engineering and being pulled back out of an IT career to manage a new shop for a few years. And I've also been kind of quiet, off the forums, not really doing anything with audio for the past 6 or 7 years other than really minor stuff and adulting.

Awesome to see the passionate guys coming back.

And I relate to your struggles - despite being such a crossroads location on the Great Lakes, Canadian border, near Rochester, Syracuse, Toronto, Erie PA, Cleveland OH, not too far from Indianapolis - Buffalo (or driving distance from) isn't exactly a hot spot when it comes to anything with car audio, other than forehead-slap worthy local shop-sponsored, non-sanctioned "bass offs".
    Glad to support you here, if needed.

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

Re: First post/introduction