Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Camry XLE

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: 2013 Camry XLE

I wanted the hydraulic style like that but the hammer one is so much easier to stow away

And I'm actually going to try the bondo method that caraudiofab uses first with tome evercoat rage that gets here friday. I also decided to grab HDPE for the amp rack instead of MDF... This was motivated by me not exactly having the safest way to cut MDF, and also realize .75 is a little too thick to use for rivnuts, so I grabbed .5 inch HDPE that gets here tomorrow ish.

2. Back To Top    #12

Alright so-
    Got my HDPE in, and ran the 1/0 down to the back. Work is gonna be even slower since I got a steroid injection in my left knee this week, and my right is upcoming in a few days.
    Passenger side grommet as always. This photo doesn't show it, because I was too pissed to take a photo, but I used the factory extra spot and... made it work.

https://i.imgur.com/RXfnlrN.jpg

Fucked my hand up doing this again. POS fucking wire.

https://i.imgur.com/va1NAnf.jpg
    "Like a glove"

https://i.imgur.com/awkTvmI.jpg
    Last edited by Turb0Yoda; 06-26-2020 at 10:22 PM.

3. Back To Top    #13

Finally got around to the HDPE and got this portable husky router table. Cut up the amp rack stuff with a flute bit. Worked fairly well.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	b4mWHQP.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	2.83 MB 
ID:	12264

Now I'm stuck as to how I am going to arrange these- The helix will go somewhere else due to space concerns.

Name:	WOygsCx.jpg 
Views:	213 
Size:	312.3 KB 
ID:	12265

4. Back To Top    #14

I was eyeballing that router table myself... Was hesitant to hit the buy button.

I really need a new one for my new garage, but it needs to break down - I can't have a big permanent freestanding one anymore.
    I like that one has hold down slots... but wasn't sure if it was truly flat on top or if it was too light and might accidentally slide around, being all plastic.
    The cheap price tag also made me skeptical.

How is it? And you don't have a full size DeWalt router by chance I don't suppose?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

5. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    I was eyeballing that router table myself... Was hesitant to hit the buy button.

I really need a new one for my new garage, but it needs to break down - I can't have a big permanent freestanding one anymore.
    I like that one has hold down slots... but wasn't sure if it was truly flat on top or if it was too light and might accidentally slide around, being all plastic.
    The cheap price tag also made me skeptical.

How is it? And you don't have a full size DeWalt router by chance I don't suppose?

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    So far so good. Very sturdy. I have a Ryobi and had to drill in new mounting holes, but I believe DeWalt works as it. You need to grab a 2x4 of other piece of wood to use as a fence- I grabbed a block of polar wood from Lowes and it works well enough.

6. Back To Top    #16

So I have some new things planned... the PPi is getting replaced with something... bigger.. and I have some midranges on the way from partsexpress. I'm waiting for all of that before I come back to the amp rack. For now, I've just ran some speaker wire up for the drivers' side drivers...

Ran w/ some techflex that was a lil too big but oh well- I strongly prefer this over the non techflexed wires I ran last friday.

Name:	sEp0Usd.jpg 
Views:	198 
Size:	2.98 MB 
ID:	12330

Did some heatshrink on one end, the other is on the amp end and that will need to be trimmed a bit anyways so not doing much for that end right now. This wasn't 3:1 like I for some reason thought but it works well enough..

Name:	zebMQJf.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	2.15 MB 
ID:	12329
    Last edited by Turb0Yoda; 07-08-2020 at 03:37 PM.

7. Back To Top    #17

Ran the speaker wire for both sides- didn't take a photo of the passenger side run but it's basically identical... Also got one of the new toys- JL XD 600/6V2. I'm waiting on the other distro from Knu before I get to wiring the amp rack up. I have a new piece of HDPE that I'll be using.

Name:	KFNmAdC.jpg 
Views:	204 
Size:	3.20 MB 
ID:	12328

8. Back To Top    #18

After a week of issues, I finally got something done:

New HDPE sheet cut for the amp rack-

Name:	8QcIrNi.jpg 
Views:	614 
Size:	101.8 KB 
ID:	12749

New planned layout: I ordered the big boi fuse holder from knu by accident, so I'm just going to put the fuse holders underneath in close proximity.

Name:	fMiQArU.jpg 
Views:	599 
Size:	198.7 KB 
ID:	12750

First pass of the roundover.. Did 2-3 passes after per side to smooth it all out.

Name:	TnQZgpR.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	64.5 KB 
ID:	12751

9. Back To Top    #19

Mounted the amps- I used threaded inserts in the HDPE along with some CA glue to make sure the inserts don't come loose.

Name:	o4dQ9zvl.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	38.2 KB 
ID:	12805

Quickly did the wiring. Not too happy with both the parts express heatshrink it, as it was 2:1 and not the 3:1 I thought, and the ruined techflex on two of the cables, although that's my fault for the most part as I didn't take enough caution. Lessons learned for next time.

Name:	jvmEuRT.jpg 
Views:	190 
Size:	108.2 KB 
ID:	12806

10. Back To Top    #20

Right so I've gotten... basically no good pictures, but I did a fair bit of work today:
    -Wired power, ground, and remote for everything - amps and helix
    The distros are under the rear bench in a divot where it's pinned in place by the sheet and held with some template tape while I make up something out of 1/8" HDPE I have laying around... or maybe it was 1/4". I ran out of techflex for the smaller wires, patience, and my knees started killing me so I didn't get much more done.

Ended up deciding the Helix would go here because I didn't have space behind the carpet on the left side like I thought... also.. no patience left:
    Rough cut of some leftover ABS- I'll clean it up with the flush bit next week when I permanently mount it- this was just to get the wiring all done.

Name:	sh6O6N6.jpg 
Views:	195 
Size:	55.8 KB 
ID:	12929

Two things:
    1) The different krystal RCAs(v2 and v3) annoy me greatly but uh... Krystal RCAs are expensive.
    2) Yeah I know my heatshrink isn't even but that was the last thing done today and I wanted another coffee.

Name:	1BPQuYB.jpg 
Views:	217 
Size:	157.6 KB 
ID:	12930

[SPOILER="The current Distro block mess"]

Name:	7hCdWI3.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	113.5 KB 
ID:	12931

It's unfused at the front, but it's held in place well enough by the bench for now.

[/SPOILER]