And this is where I stand at right now
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	JJ4evy8.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	141.9 KB 
ID:	14187

2. Back To Top    #32

Re: 2013 Camry XLE

JFC I let the build log lapse over here. It looks like y'all will be spared the trouble of reading through the mass of DIYMA pages that make no sense.

So- in the time that lapsed between the last post and now- Multiple things happened. I'll break them out into separate posts as to so keep my own sanity organizing things:

A) Headunit
    So- when I first installed this headunit- at some point I blew the RCA fuse.. I always thought it was from the amps or garbage stock wiring but after narrowing it down(after what... one year of dealing with the whine) I isolated it to the headunit.. so out the DMX905S went and in a Pioneer WT-7600NEX went. Due to the supply chain issues this was all I was able to get, and while I am happy I do wish I would have looked harder for a DMX1057XR- I RMAd this headunit with crutch after having multiple issues- and most have been ironed out after a firmware update- sans the occasional apple carplay not working.

Name:	0e3d893c-6a82-46c7-9a1c-d63daf16abf1-jpeg.297355.jpg 
Views:	125 
Size:	187.1 KB 
ID:	16039

3. Back To Top    #33

B) I ripped out the DSP.3 and JL XD 600/6v2 for a lovely Helix DSP V Eight MK2 to run the show. I've been happy with it but I haven't nearly scratched the surface with the new tuning potential with virtual channels and such. There will be a picture of this when I finally decide to properly redo the wiring...

C) I had DeLander on DIYMA(I think he's on here but I'm not sure) mill me out some door brackets for the kappa 900 midbasses. I have no complaints with his work, but rather my measuring since I noticed the window just rubs the woofer when it's at the lowest point... oops.. I used screws and some T-nuts to hold them in, although they'll be replaced with rivet inserts soon enough. You can also see the remains of the knu that was installed, which leads to the next major change..

Name:	KuneaHS.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	92.7 KB 
ID:	16044
    Last edited by Turb0Yoda; 07-12-2021 at 02:02 PM.

4. Back To Top    #34
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

If it was the internal pico-fuse, you should have been able to just ground the RCA shield...unless there was more to it

5. Back To Top    #35

D)
    The knukonceptz kolossus failed- ruining all my door cards. I've ripped out the knu in favor of resonix with black hole tiles in the front.

Failed kolossus on the cards- similar although not as extreme on the door itself.

Name:	FvZ5A4n.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	16045

I got to as close as 100% coverage on the outer door skin as I could with the resonix along with black hole tiles. There's a noticeable different between the knu and resonix- but the black hole tiles do some nice work..

Name:	S9CB0sH.jpg 
Views:	108 
Size:	183.2 KB 
ID:	16046

Name:	9oDB92I.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	145.2 KB 
ID:	16047
    Last edited by Turb0Yoda; 07-12-2021 at 02:03 PM.

6. Back To Top    #36

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    If it was the internal pico-fuse, you should have been able to just ground the RCA shield...unless there was more to it
    I tried that.. it made the whine worse.. honestly just gave up there and ordered the pioneer... Honestly it was so worth it just because I could now see the bloody screen with sunglasses on(I have polarized lenses).

7. Back To Top    #37

Finally I was able to get the conductor mount made- ended up placing it between the seat heater switches in the center console. It doesn't look entirely out of place but it's the best solution I could think of. Note it's not nearly as pretty as I wish because I was way too heavy handed with spray primer/filler where I shouldn't have been- and I learned halfway my prep work wasn't as good as I thought.

The thought process was to epoxy the middle two switches in the middle together and run a holesaw through it... You guys might be able to guess which portion I manged to screw up .

Name:	T5aZwyH.jpg 
Views:	123 
Size:	51.1 KB 
ID:	16048

Name:	A39CR1y.jpg 
Views:	124 
Size:	113.4 KB 
ID:	16049

8. Back To Top    #38

Name:	DMX1057XR.jpg 
Views:	119 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	16122

Shoutout to @captainobvious (no idea if he's on CAJ or if this tagging system works) for teh DMX1057XR. It looks absolutely ridiculous in the car but yknow, atleast I know I won't have issues with it I also swear it's perfectly level I'm just shit with taking photos.

9. Back To Top    #39

I did not put the update here- but I did remake my sail panels. This was done with a mix of fiber filler, bog, SEM Landau Black and SEM Texture coat and a lot of swearing:

\

Ended up with this:

10. Back To Top    #40

I did the left as well but I somehow don't have photos of the left side handy.