Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: What equipment brings back memories?

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: What equipment brings back memories?

First amp I ever bought that had any power. Crutchfield amp made by PPI in the USA

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I had one of these Sony Diskman player sitting on a flexible mount in my '88 Pontiac Grand Am

I had the same one. Had to sit it on a stack of towels in the passenger seat to keep it from skipping.

Ge0
    Scanspeak - Dynaudio - Helix - Bose

3. Back To Top    #13
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

Here’s the first amp I ever bought... and I still have it. I was 16 (1988) and it ran an MTX terminator 10” full range box in the back of my 83 Celica GT hatchback. I always lusted over the brands like PPI, Rockford Fosgate & JL but my neighborhood lawn mowing job couldn’t really make those dreams happen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBF9CCD8-265B-4755-929F-0392BB1DCDFB.jpeg 
Views:	196 
Size:	957.2 KB 
ID:	11627Click image for larger version. 

Name:	683BCA3D-D74A-42E7-869C-582DA6F89B5C.jpeg 
Views:	188 
Size:	68.3 KB 
ID:	11626

Those were the days, man.

4. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by banshee28 View Post
    For me it would be the classic Alpine Cassette/CD decks with the Green square buttons!! Loved those units! Esp the pull-out models!
    I've thought about going with one of these for my 82 VW Rabbit, seems age-appropriate!

5. Back To Top    #15

Those slider eqs still get me, love them! I'm a sucker for those and the bouncing spectrum analyzers...I might need to get a Pioneer set up where you had a deck and an eq smashed in a double din!

My first ever sub was a pawn shop blue Kenwood, the older blue. Then an 12" Infinity Kappa...then some Audiobahns...then it gets blurry

6. Back To Top    #16

The old gold dust cap logo Kicker Competition 12's. I had 4 of those in an 8 cubic foot box in my hatch, running on a Kicker 25x2 "cheater" amp bridged mono for a whopping 400 watts.

7. Back To Top    #17
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

I started work for my current company as chief design engineer for the Blaupunkt audio brand back in 2008. Two months after my start date we sold off the Blaupunkt . I was re-directed to work on engine management computers which turned out to be pretty cool. Still, I was looking forward to re-shaping the brand name and bringing out some cool gear. Now the name is just a name sold off on occasion to the cheapest Chinese bidder. Sad...

Ge0

8. Back To Top    #18

Back in 1986, my oldest brother was just out of the Army and bought himself a brand new VW Jetta, had a Concord cassette deck in it with Sony 3-way 6" in the rear deck, 3.5" coax in the dash, a Carver M-240 on a pair of Rockford Punch 12's IB and a Rockford Punch 150 on the rear 6.5's.

My second oldest brother had a '91 VW Golf GTi with a TOTL Clarion CD head unit, Kenwood 4042 EQ, Infinity Kappa 3.5's in the dash and 6x9's in the rear deck, a 6" Bazooka sub and a couple of a/d/s amps, later swapping over to an Audio Art 6-channel and a pair of Audio Art 10" subs.

I started out in 1993 with my first vehicle, a '91 Ford Ranger extended cab. A nice Sony pull-out CD head unit, Pioneer 5x7's front and rear, all running off of the head unit, and a pair of Pyramid Phase III 10's (clear cones) isobaric in a ported box I build out of an old stereo rack (1.5" thick particle board), powered by a little JBL GTS50 with a couple of Harrison Labs FMOD crossovers. Man, that feels like forever ago...
    2001 Lexus LS430
    Pioneer DMH-2660NEX | Pioneer GM D1004 | Helix DSP.2 | Rockford Fosgate Power T400X4ad | Morel TiW 634Nd | Audison Prima AP1 | Dayton Audio Ultimax UM8-22

9. Back To Top    #19
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by TheTodd View Post
    Here’s the first amp I ever bought... and I still have it. I was 16 (1988) and it ran an MTX terminator 10” full range box in the back of my 83 Celica GT hatchback. I always lusted over the brands like PPI, Rockford Fosgate & JL but my neighborhood lawn mowing job couldn’t really make those dreams happen.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FBF9CCD8-265B-4755-929F-0392BB1DCDFB.jpeg 
Views:	196 
Size:	957.2 KB 
ID:	11627

Those were the days, man.
    This was the first amp I ever had to repair. Look inside it. It's mostly empty except for a rats nest of wires going to discrete stereo booster I.C.'s. Brings back old memories...

Ge0

10. Back To Top    #20
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by Ge0 View Post
    I started work for my current company as chief design engineer for the Blaupunkt audio brand back in 2008.

Ge0
    Lemme guess....you decided what city to name each HU after