Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: What equipment brings back memories?

1. Back To Top    #51

Re: What equipment brings back memories?

^You can probably attribute much of AudioControl's success and the reason they've been able to keep the doors open for all these years to that one piece of gear. They continue to sell them by the pallet load!

It's a relatively simple piece of gear that basically hasn't changed much since its inception. If you want to talk about "The Perfect Product" for a company to develop, that IS IT!

2. Back To Top    #52

Ok - I have another one (two, actually) that I'll probably get pitchforks for...

Anyone remember the Phoenix Gold Cyclone? That was and is still the only commercially-sold rotary panel subwoofer, engineered by patent-holder (and CEO of ServoDrive, who interestingly only make rotary-to-linear servo subwoofers) Tom Danley... Very one-off, very different, pretty rare I'm thinking...
    Here's a better picture and some great info:
    http://webfaq.phoenixphorum.com/cyclone.htm

...I actually own two. One mounted in a box, and one I bought at a discount with a damaged motor lead, still in it's package.

Photos from my visit to my storage unit yesterday, scrounging for other stuff to play with for my upcoming build - I took a distance shot so you can see how hidden they are...

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by geolemon; 06-20-2020 at 12:04 PM.

3. Back To Top    #53
    Real Name
    Todd
    Vehicle
    2014 Toyota Avalon

I’ve always wanted to hear one of those!

4. Back To Top    #54

5. Back To Top    #55
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    Ok - I have another one (two, actually) that I'll probably get pitchforks for...

Anyone remember the Phoenix Gold Cyclone? That was and is still the only commercially-sold rotary panel subwoofer, engineered by patent-holder (and CEO of ServoDrive, who interestingly only make rotary-to-linear servo subwoofers) Tom Danley... Very one-off, very different, pretty rare I'm thinking...
    Cyclone brings back memories for sure, I actually bought one brand new and it was part of one of my best ever setups. Also the first car I competed with, and I do miss that car and setup now 20 years later.

Pioneer DEX-P1R head unit (or DEX-P99R as it was called here in Europe), Boston Acoustics Pro 6,43 3-way components where the midbasses were substituted for PG 8 inchers, and the 6,4LF drivers were used for rear fill. Phoenix Gold Cyclone subwoofer (also the reason for having larger midbass drivers), everything powered by a Soundstream Davinci 7-channel amplifier.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	105300009_large.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	32.6 KB 
ID:	11900

Name:	polo2.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	82.8 KB 
ID:	11901

Name:	skann0007.jpg