Thread: 2008 - 2015 Nissan Armada with Bose

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

2008 - 2015 Nissan Armada with Bose

Has anyone on the forum bypassed the factory BOSE amp in a 2008 - 2015 Armada? This thing is kicking my butt... I'm currently grabbing the Front/Rear output signals from the amp (Above the gas pedal on the firewall behind the BSM) to use as Signal wires to feed my DSP. These signal wires "work" kind of but i am realizing they are pre-eq'd/XOver via the factory amp. I would try and grab signal wires straight from the back of the radio but the two screws that hold it in place seemed to be stripped, not the head but the actual threads (done by previous owner) and i cant get them out to get the radio out...

I'm guessing/hopeing that maybe i can use the wires coming from the radio to the bose amp as full range x 4 channel signal?

The screw holes im referring to circled in red
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Stripped screws.JPG 
Views:	163 
Size:	73.3 KB 
ID:	11567

Anyone have any experience in playing with one of these?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Re: 2008 - 2015 Nissan Armada with Bose

I was able to find the signal wires coming from the head unit to the factory amplifier and now have all 4 outputs pre-amp. These are some seriously low voltage outputs though the DSP can not even detect the signal to use as a turn on... I grabbed an old LC6i off the shelf and was able to gain up the signal, with head unit volume at full and output gains set to full open, i can achieve 4 volts of clean signal (at least @ 1k & 40 Hz) but i my head unit volume is only usable between 50% - 100%. I'm going to use the LC6i to feed the DSP to at least be able to fire it up and look at the input RTA signal to see if its full range or if i just spent a lot of time learning another not so great way to integrate into this vehicle lol