Thread: Long Post to Get to the Point - 3 Way Suggestions for a Jeep

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Pete
    Vehicle
    2020 Jeep Gladiator

Long Post to Get to the Point - 3 Way Suggestions for a Jeep

Evening all!
    This is my first official post (intro didn't count) and I need some advice. I was, once upon a time, an installer, but I have been out of it for awhile. So I have been devouring threads here left and right. Thanks to everyone, it's like I am catching up on years of innovations that were a pipe dream in the early-late 90's. So let me describe my progress and get to the point. I am picking up quality components (I hope), not going for the whole thing at once. I find the purchasing and researching as fun as the install itself. So here's where I'm at:

Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator
    HU: Stock with a PAC AP4-CH41 R2
    Processor: Arc Audio PS8
    Amp: Arc Audio X2 1200.6, need an 1100.1 for subs
    Speakers: TBD, but three way front with tweet, 3.5" in dash, 6.5" in Metra pods in the knee panels, no rear fill
    Subs: TBD, but hoping for 2 10" shallows or Sundown SD4's behind the back seat
    Sub box: I will construct to the subs needs
    Primary music choices: Classic rock, occasional metal, rap rarely

Originally, I was going with what I know: a 2-way set of Focal on passives, coax in the roll bars, inexpensive 4 channel amp, basic subs and mono amp, a couple days in the garage and out the door! But after seeing a couple rigs on Jeep Forums (most notably @DavidRam and his JL), I started reading more and more here and said to hell with that! So I got the 1200.6 for more power, started thinking 3 way active, got the PS8, figured I'd need another good amp and high quality subs and, well, here I am.

So I have always been one to go with a high quality speaker company, just can't afford the premium (think Polyglass, not Utopia). After digesting a lot of recommendations, does that mindset even make sense any more? I see raw drivers that are raved about, and figure I need some advice from more experienced folks like you all. This will be primarily an SQ build, if that can make any sense in a Jeep. I see Dynamat (generic term) in my future! I want to keep the front stage to @$700 give or take, subs $200-$300 each max. Thoughts? Thanks in advance!

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Long Post to Get to the Point - 3 Way Suggestions for a Jeep

Solid suggestions ^^^

I have NO experience with this series from Dynaudio, but I wouldn't hesitate to grab these as they seem solid for the money:

https://www.woofersetc.com/c-172-spe...rs-system.html

Keep in mind, Niebur3 is an excellent Dyn dealer and he would be a great person to ask about them, too.

Edit: for some reason when you price them individually on WoofersEtc, they are more expensive:

Tweeters
    https://www.woofersetc.com/dynaudio-...-tweeters.html

Midrange
    https://www.woofersetc.com/dynaudio-...idwoofers.html

Midbass
    https://www.woofersetc.com/dynaudio-...idwoofers.html
    Last edited by DavidRam; 06-02-2020 at 06:59 PM.
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Daniel
    Vehicle
    We don't talk about it

Those Esotan were HIGH up on my list, before securing the Audiofrog setup. Went back and forth between Dynaudio, BLAM, and Morel, before finally settling on the ribbits.
    Are you not entertained?!?!

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Pete
    Vehicle
    2020 Jeep Gladiator

Thanks gentlemen! I appreciate the help. I am investigating a tweeter ball-mount that I can modify/create to use the existing lower bolt on the front grab handles that will swivel back toward the windshield yet angle forward, so that won't limit the tweeter size. I have strongly considered the Audiofrog GS series and I really am curious about the Dynaudio, because when the top and doors are off from April to October, the speaks will need to "cut through" the wind and road noise at highway speeds. Again, appreciate this very much!

6. Back To Top    #6

You have 150 watts per channel from that 1200.6, so there is no shortage of power for topless fun!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    Pete
    Vehicle
    2020 Jeep Gladiator

Read my mind!

8. Back To Top    #8
    Real Name
    John
    Vehicle
    See signature

Hit Niebur3 up, he’s a good dealer.
    Mazda CX5 AF GB10, AF GB25, AF GB60, JL VX800/8i, AF GB12 sealed, Mmats M1400.1

Ford F150
    AF GB10, AF GB25, JLC5, JL twk88/Pioneer D8604, Mosconi Pico, JBL Club 5501, Sundown SD3-10 ported @ 30 Hz

Sienna
    AF GB15, Audiofrog GS690, JL twk88/Pioneer D9500F, JBL GTX500, Alpine SWS10 ported @ 31 Hz

https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa.../#post-5608901

9. Back To Top    #9
    Real Name
    Pete
    Vehicle
    2020 Jeep Gladiator

Good to go! Will PM him tomorrow!

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil1 View Post
    Good to go! Will PM him tomorrow!
    Tell him to give you my price...

#TRUMP2020