Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Widebands: Audiofrog GS25 and Hybrid Audio Technology Unity U2 comparison

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: Widebands: Audiofrog GS25 and Hybrid Audio Technology Unity U2 comparison

Of those I think I’d choose the cdt purely for its linearity in a loose sense in a wider range where I’d potentially want to place the low pass crossover, I’d use them purely based on using the least eq for a flat response above 200hz and then apply the crossover to it and make sure it matches the required crossover curve

2. Back To Top    #22
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

I've heard for the money, the Kenwood's sound pretty darn good! I know Dean and Fernando of 5-star Car Audio (Youtube) really like them.

I'll be honest, the JBL GTO 939 I bet are very similar to the AudioFrog's. They both use a similar cone and surround as well as a fiberglass reinforced composite frame, which I bet Andy helped develop prior to leaving JBL.

I've looked at the CDT's and almost pulled the trigger on them, but decided to go a different route.

Is it safe to say that all 3 sound pretty darn good regardless of price?

3. Back To Top    #23

Quote Originally Posted by cueball981 View Post
    I've heard for the money, the Kenwood's sound pretty darn good! I know Dean and Fernando of 5-star Car Audio (Youtube) really like them.

I'll be honest, the JBL GTO 939 I bet are very similar to the AudioFrog's. They both use a similar cone and surround as well as a fiberglass reinforced composite frame, which I bet Andy helped develop prior to leaving JBL.

I've looked at the CDT's and almost pulled the trigger on them, but decided to go a different route.

Is it safe to say that all 3 sound pretty darn good regardless of price?
    Yes, all three do the job really well. In fact, I don't think I could tell the difference between any of them once EQ'd. Believe it or not, of the un-EQ'd response, the CDT's are actually the best in my car (just as @dumdum mentioned). Since they cost the least, drop right in and are also the easiest to EQ (again, at least in my car), they are actually the best option in my case. I have been impressed with them. The whole 2-ohm/4-ohm thing is a little "strange", but once I got over that and gave them a little time to break in, it's hard to deny that the CDT's are a great buy... And I have the lowest "tier" of the CDT's (the "CL" line). The "HS" and "ES" may be even better....

4. Back To Top    #24
    Real Name
    Chris
    Vehicle
    2019 Ram 1500 Laramie 4x4 Crew Cab

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Yes, all three do the job really well. In fact, I don't think I could tell the difference between any of them once EQ'd. Believe it or not, of the un-EQ'd response, the CDT's are actually the best in my car (just as @dumdum mentioned). Since they cost the least, drop right in and are also the easiest to EQ (again, at least in my car), they are actually the best option in my case. I have been impressed with them. The whole 2-ohm/4-ohm thing is a little "strange", but once I got over that and gave them a little time to break in, it's hard to deny that the CDT's are a great buy... And I have the lowest "tier" of the CDT's (the "CL" line). The "HS" and "ES" may be even better....
    Years ago I ran the CL line of 6" components in my car. I thought they sounded awesome for what I paid. I eventually upgraded my mid-bass to the HD6s, which did go a bit lower than the CLs, but overall clarity was about the same. I didn't feel I needed anything more after moving to the HD6s.

Yes, the CDTs are cheaper than the other 2, but remember, the Kenwoods come with a pair of 3.5" coaxial drivers. I wonder what the 6x9s would cost separately if Kenwood would offer them as separate drivers. Hmmmm...