Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Head Unit Questions

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Head Unit Questions

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    Custom autosound, that's what it is. I was blanking on that name before.
    https://www.customautosoundmfg.com/
    I have the custom autosound 740... I'm not very happy with it. It's like the subwoofer output changes differently from the rest. I roll it from 0-45 and from 20-25 the high end gets louder but the sub doesn't. It's a seemingly basic setup, but it works well enough for now... just looking for different options in the future!

2. Back To Top    #12

Re: Head Unit Questions

I have an older eclipse in my stash somewhere... I'll have to see which it is! IIRC, a 7000 from 2006ish...

I don't want a hidden unit, I'm kinda picky and want to have the ease of just reaching to the radio and cranking it up. I'll definitely check out the period correct builds here... I have some Kicker subs from the late 80's that I want to find a similar era amp for!

CD player is important only if I can't find a way to add an Aux in to it. I'm very mechanically inclined, and slowly getting there with electronics. I generally don't make modifications that I can't put back, like I'm not going drill a hole into a nice vintage unit...but if there is an existing hole I could pass a cable into and solder an input on, ya bet!