Thread: New to the site

1. Back To Top    #1

New to the site

Hi everyone,
    Been reading up on DIYMA and found this site. Not sure why the hate on DIYMA, seems like lots of useful information, but don't really care either way. Just trying to understand more of the Hi-Res side of car audio vs the SPL side. I enjoy the SPL stuff, but the SQ world seems like a fun challenge as well.

Thanks for reading
    Mitch

PS - I'd also enjoy seeing what's lurking in the underground as well, after seeing my favorite Insta-girl (Natalee) as an avatar!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New to the site

Quote Originally Posted by mitch_04 View Post

PS - I'd also enjoy seeing what's lurking in the underground as well, after seeing my favorite Insta-girl (Natalee) as an avatar!
    Sucking up to the boss already?

3. Back To Top    #3

Didn't even know he was the boss! I've been following Natalee07's different gram accounts for a while, perfection in my mind. Doesn't hurt that she has a few things on the hub either...

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Your access is granted. Welcome to the funny farm!

5. Back To Top    #5

Definitely DIYMA has some great knowledge and good discussions, but there's a bit of an elitist vibe sometimes, I agree. Things are much friendlier here IMO. And there's also great knowledge and good discussions.

I'm also both an SPL and a SQ guy. Both take knowledge and understanding, installation techniques, ability to manipulate sound, and awareness of the car environment and how it differs from home and anechoic environments... it's all manipulating sound to a goal, and it's all fun to do.
    So welcome!

6. Back To Top    #6

Welcome! DIYMA indeed has tons of good info, accumulated over more than a decade. But in recent times it changed ownership and many things about the site began to go downhill. Paying forum vendors were getting dicked around, the site got an ugly/less-functional makeover, and for me the last straw was advertising spam appearing as regular posts. Many of us chose to move over here, as it is run by people who actually care about car audio and it has a good vibe. I'm sure some folks still frequent both sites.

Beyond that, DIYMA has strayed far from it's roots of trying out various raw drivers in cars to find good audio performance at a fraction of the cost of car-audio specific drivers (which is what got me into that site in the first place). Many there have just started answering "Audiofrog" to every single question, even if 'Frogs are 10 times more than the poster's stated budget (don't get me wrong, Audiofrog gear is legit and Andy W is truly passionate about car audio).
    '18 VW Golf Sportwagen 4motion 6MT. Hiby RS6 to Helix DSP.3 (Balanced Analog). Amps: Biketronics BT4210 (210 x 4 mids/tweets), Biketronics BT3725 (250 x 2 midbasses, 700 x 1 sub). Mids: Satori MW13P-4 5" (Factory Door Locations). Tweets: Bliesma T25S-6 Silk-Dome 1" (Modded Factory A-Pillar Locations). Midbasses: Dayton Designer DSA175-8 6.5" in Ported Underseat Enclosures. Subs: 2 x Scanspeak Discovery 10" in Underfloor Sealed Enclosure.

7. Back To Top    #7
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar