Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tryna replace some old mobile home ceiling speakers

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Tryna replace some old mobile home ceiling speakers

Quote Originally Posted by Packers27 View Post
    Attachment 12141

Also, I'm wanting replace this in wall reciever but as you can see, the romex wires from the wall powers it and the only recievers I can find has a plug on it. Do I just cut the plug off of a new one and use its wires to connect to the romex wires
    If possible, I think your best bet would be to feed an outlet box with that Romex and then simply plug the new receiver into that. Not sure what to make of what appears to be two Romex cables entering from the top and bottom of the existing receiver's j-box, but whatever is going on there, you could simply reconnect everything in the same way within the outlet box. Or you could do as you suggest, by installing a j-box to properly contain the connected wires. In any case, be sure to observe standard wiring safety and practices and use adequate strain relief(s), or simply hire a professional.

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    2019 Toyota 4Runner, 2019 Toyota Camry

If that unit works and you just want the radio and nothing special, put new speakers and use it. I'm not sure those are even made anymore.

I installed a unit similar to this one in a friend's house years ago. You might be able to find one used or "new old stock" but you most likely won't have any warranty.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001BPVA5C

This is a site you should get to know
    https://www.parts-express.com/

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Smitty; 06-29-2020 at 05:15 AM.
    Meh, it'll play.

3. Back To Top    #13

You can probably just wire a normal 15amp single outlet in there and plug a normal receiver in. But know what your doing before you mess with house wiring. Nobody likes sleeping on a pile of ashes.

4. Back To Top    #14

Smitty, I'm interested in that item you posted. Ive seen a few of them that Im watching.