Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: dang

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: dang

Quote Originally Posted by mlekk View Post
    Russia has taken things from neighbors and China is attempting to take whatever they can.

If America "spikes" the ball as it comes over the net . . . Others will be less inclined to push their luck.

Japan joined with Germany and Italy once upon a time . . . [ Hiroshima -n- Nagasaki was a U.S.A. "spike" ]

Artificial Intelligence is current race to see who leads down-the-road
    Wait until it becomes self aware

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRam View Post
    You do know there is an official CAJ term for posting multiple political or off topic threads, right? It's called "Queefing".

[/B]
    Yeah , I like picking on her , I say: Was that you ? she laughs , cause all that air goin in comes back out [ when you're hittin it ! ]
    You know what I'm talkin bout
    https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=queef
    Last edited by mlekk; 05-26-2020 at 06:20 AM.

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by rob feature View Post

Neither China nor Russia has conducted recent tests. This is a distraction.
    Have our satellites sensed vibrations from testing ?

4. Back To Top    #14

Have our satellites sensed vibrations from testing ?
    We have satellites that do that? That's a new one on me. There are radiation-sniffing devices scattered around the globe.

AFAIK seismometers are the best tool we have for that. No nuclear blast is going to go unnoticed by them.

5. Back To Top    #15

What exactly did they do? Russia and China I mean?
    You really should educate yourself more if you're going to start threads like this or respond to other political threads. We don't have to wonder if China and Russia have conducted any nuclear testing recently. We know they have. We KNOW they have never stopped their nuclear program development. We know that China has been developing low yield nuclear weapons and conducting non explosive tests for those weapons. We also know Russia has been doing the same. Russia has been trying to successfully develop low yield technologies as witnessed by the nuclear explosion of their latest nuclear powered cruise missile. Sooo, if you think we should just sit on our hands and watch them develop new technologies without doing anything, well I'm glad you're not in the decision making process. Do I think Russia or China would try to strike the US with one of these new nuclear technologies...doubtful but they are also trying to develop non detectable missile and rocket technologies that could be used to take out our satellites in the future or that could be used to against our ships or even land based targets. Granted, they know we have trident submarines sitting on the bottom of the ocean just outside their harbors that have nuclear missiles just waiting to destroy them if they try anything but still, we can't just let them pass us up regarding future technologies.

6. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    You really should educate yourself more if you're going to start threads like this or respond to other political threads. We don't have to wonder if China and Russia have conducted any nuclear testing recently. We know they have. We KNOW they have never stopped their nuclear program development. We know that China has been developing low yield nuclear weapons and conducting non explosive tests for those weapons. We also know Russia has been doing the same. Russia has been trying to successfully develop low yield technologies as witnessed by the nuclear explosion of their latest nuclear powered cruise missile. Sooo, if you think we should just sit on our hands and watch them develop new technologies without doing anything, well I'm glad you're not in the decision making process. Do I think Russia or China would try to strike the US with one of these new nuclear technologies...doubtful but they are also trying to develop non detectable missile and rocket technologies that could be used to take out our satellites in the future or that could be used to against our ships or even land based targets. Granted, they know we have trident submarines sitting on the bottom of the ocean just outside their harbors that have nuclear missiles just waiting to destroy them if they try anything but still, we can't just let them pass us up regarding future technologies.
    I have no doubts that they are steadily developing technologies (as are we), but as I understand it the justification for our exploring full-scale tests is that they had both done so recently. We know this is not true.

7. Back To Top    #17

We have satellites that do that? That's a new one on me. There are radiation-sniffing devices scattered around the globe.

AFAIK seismometers are the best tool we have for that. No nuclear blast is going to go unnoticed by them.
    https://eos.org/features/seismic-sensors-in-orbit
    Orbiting seismic sensors

Where do you get your reports about Other Countries ?
    Last edited by mlekk; 05-26-2020 at 04:14 PM.

8. Back To Top    #18

This tech still relies on ground-based sensors and is aimed at detecting relatively large movements (relative displacement as opposed to shockwaves), but cool stuff nonetheless.

9. Back To Top    #19

I have no doubts that they are steadily developing technologies (as are we), but as I understand it the justification for our exploring full-scale tests is that they had both done so recently. We know this is not true.
    You don't know what they're doing but rest assured, our intel agencies do.

10. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by jettyman View Post
    You don't know what they're doing but rest assured, our intel agencies do.
    They certainly know better than I. But even if they were testing nukes, that does not mean we should do the same.