Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can i stack CLD

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Can i stack CLD

Dumdum - I'm not calling you out or anything. After re-reading my post could sound like that.

I'm interested. There was a time when I only used full coverage of CLD. But someone told me it was next to worthless (considering time and cost) so I tried using less. Measured and found that to be true.

2. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Theslaking View Post
    Dumdum - I'm not calling you out or anything. After re-reading my post could sound like that.

I'm interested. There was a time when I only used full coverage of CLD. But someone told me it was next to worthless (considering time and cost) so I tried using less. Measured and found that to be true.
    It’s all good bud, I didn’t take it as you were, just my take on your input, forums are for discussion, I don’t do right and wrong as such as there’s more ways to skin a cat so to speak!

i love a chat about old school db drag days, i was the first guy from the U.K. to take a 1st in a European competition at sinsheim in 2004... then I judged at the finals in Cleveland in 05, was a fun year, then I got serious and got to third/fourth in the world behind VS audio and the finnish street max 1-2 In 2007/2008, I think I ended up fourth in the world that year on the stats as VS got entered twice somehow I’m all sq’d Up and full on now aiming for next years 2019 finals that will probably now be next March after this march got cancelled

3. Back To Top    #13

You can, but the cost-to-benefit ratio really drops when you start adding a second layer. If you have some extra laying around after a project (like I just did), it can help a little to reinforce the really bad areas. I just wouldn't go and buy double what you really need. Just get a good quality CLD to start with and you will be fine.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Real Name
    SMOKE
    Vehicle
    2006 ZO6 2008 F150

As much as it is going to suck to do...I'd put in the work and gut the low quality stuff. It will only cause you headaches down the road. Heat guns, rubbing alcohol, WD-40, goo gone, and some elbow grease go a long way.

Lemans Blue ZO6. Pioneer HU, Focal and Dayton drivers, JL VXi, JL XD, TW5's...and on and on...

5. Back To Top    #15

Quote Originally Posted by Pb82 Ronin View Post
    As much as it is going to suck to do...I'd put in the work and gut the low quality stuff. It will only cause you headaches down the road. Heat guns, rubbing alcohol, WD-40, goo gone, and some elbow grease go a long way.
    I think it would be better to burn the car and get another one.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    I think it would be better to burn the car and get another one.
    I tried this once. I think fire is the way to go.
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

7. Back To Top    #17

CRC, heatgun, and a putty knife did wonders.