Thread: Figured it was about time...

1. Back To Top    #1
    Real Name
    Pete
    Vehicle
    2020 Jeep Gladiator

Figured it was about time...

Morning everyone! New here as a member, but have followed for awhile along with other sites that shall not be mentioned. I finally jumped in to CAJ as it seems this is the place to be w/o getting hammered for not picking the "right" equipment. Stupid questions...well, you (or I) got it coming! I was an installer back in the early and mid 90's, and was the deck+2 or deck+4 guy. Spent entirely too much $$$ on Snap-on tools that mysteriously vanished out of the shop after I gave two weeks notice to go back to college. Water under the bridge at this point.
    My first decent system was in a 93 Wrangler using a Kenwood HU, Clif Design Speakers (titanium tweet, 4", two 6.5 midbass along the front kick panels that I made), and RF amps and subs. My last full system was in a 2004 Dodge 1500. Had an Alpine HU, Focal 6.5 separates in the front doors, Focal 6.5 coaxials in the back doors, along with two MTX amps and a Thunderform w/2 10's. The whole thing was 50x4, 150x1 if I remember correctly. Then kids decided they needed to eat and eventually go to college, so my spending came to a halt.
    I've always had a soft spot for old MTX stuff, but have decided to go slow on my new Gladiator build and experiment a bit before diving in. The only piece I currently have is an Arc Audio 1200.6 sitting in a box on my work bench. Will use the factory HU with a PAC adapter (for now) and go from there. Will use shallow subs and am trying to get them behind the back seat, but it's tight back there. We'll see. I'm starting out with passive x-over's first on Focal, Morel, or other 3 way separates, with the intent of going full active and adding an 1100.1 to go with the 1200.6 down the road. And the new (to me) DSP's that are available now at a real price point are unbelievable!
    Just want to say thanks to everyone for the info I have read and seen up to this point. Have spent the past 8-10 years on my other hobby (Jeeps) and those forums, but have the itch back. It never really left, just was repressed! Have a good one!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Figured it was about time...

Welcome and good to see you over here!!! I'm looking forward to a Gladiator build (not a build done by a Gladiator, but a build IN a Jeep Gladiator)!
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

3. Back To Top    #3
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

Quote Originally Posted by bluedevil1 View Post
    ...but it's tight back there...

Welcome to the club!

4. Back To Top    #4
    Real Name
    James
    Vehicle
    2016 Ram Lonestar

5. Back To Top    #5
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Welcome!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10