Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: From Camry to Scion. Here we go.

1. Back To Top    #81

Re: From Camry to Scion. Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    It's shaping up good!
    I can't wait to see that amp rack in final form and all trimmed out - and I'm sure you can't wait either.

I feel like yours is about like mine about now - so much of the fab is prep and detail and feels like a ton of work that is in those all-important "hidden layers".
    Yours is looking good - will be awesome on that last day when everything buttons up.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
    So so soooo much fine detail. Its. Annoying. Can't i just.. imagine something and have it be done

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #82

Quote Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
    So so soooo much fine detail. Its. Annoying. Can't i just.. imagine something and have it be done

I can't click "like" enough for that!

I'm sure you know - at the end, all the hard work, blood, sweat, and pain will be so worth it. I'm already imagining the finished thing and it's looking good.

3. Back To Top    #83

So its been a long time since ive posted. Ive been rushing to get it done by Surf City and just found out today its postponed. Which sucks but it gives me more time to tune and get some things together. Which is nice. I have been really bad at taking pictures so heres kind of a photo dump and you can look through it if you care.

This is some of the interior deadening. All the holes between seat rails and any kind of large hollow expanse in the body(there's ALOT) have been filled with foam or Rockwool. Everything else was cleaned and KnuKonceptz CLD was laid on the floor. Wasn't super necessary but i have a tonnn of it laying around so why not. Also, i have no experienced any of the issues that others have had with it. There's also a rediculous amount of slack in the carpet. So much so that i was able to lay an entire layer of 1.5in 3M Thinsulate across most of the floor with ZERO fitment issues.

The black corrugated loom of the center console is how the rcas and speaker wire were ran. Everything was strapped with Velcro tape. Which is 10000x better than zip ties.

4. Back To Top    #84

So this is the left side panel and the process of building it. It looks much better in person, Flash on a phone always makes everything look bad. Plus when you look at it from the top. you dont see the panel gaps

5. Back To Top    #85

I needed to fill the gap between OEM panel and the subwoofer enclosure. So i taped off the entire sub enclosure and made a very thin(about 3-4 layers of 1.5oz mat, 1/8in thick ish) cover over it, that also extended over to the OEM panel. The last two pics show the final product as well as a small filler panel between the amp rack and the sub enclosure.

a

6. Back To Top    #86

Next was the connecting panel closest to the bumper. I tried using the OEM panel and just modifying it a little but eventually found it much easier to just make an entirely new panel.. Sorry about the shit quality pictures. Flash is on and my phone is crap. The fabric is actually so dark you cant see the connection between panels and it all flows really well. When doing fiberglass. You really only need a base form to glass ontop of so busting out the hot glue and getting creative can get you really far. I used some Dollar Store folders cut into strips and bent to bridge the gap between the amp rack and the main panel i was building. Its all held on by two threaded rivets and two screws the screw into them.

a

7. Back To Top    #87

Tech flex'd the 2/0 welding wire Power/Negative

8. Back To Top    #88

Now I am running the entire system off my phone to an OTG cable to a Shitt Modi DAC. So my main volume control comes from the Minidsp remote. I raged for about 2 weeks trying to get this remote to work. Come to find out, it used a VERY special wire that you basically cant find anywhere but online and i couldnt get the firmware to update and blah blah blah. I HAD ISSUES FOR AWHILE. But i figured it out after some customer service email and a lot of just being mad at it and fucking with things. Eventually i got it to work. This is how i hacked up my OEM radio and hid the remote in plain site. I am pretty proud of myself for this. The two wood blocks have magnets epoxied in that LOCK the controller into place. I did a quick coat of resin on the back side of the buttons to lock them all in place. I then drilled out the original controller. Some light dremel work later and it also goes back in super smooth.

9. Back To Top    #89

I still need to make a beauty panel for the subwoofer and then add a top acrylic panel over the entire amp rack but its 99% done fabrication wise.

10. Back To Top    #90

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    I can't click "like" enough for that!

I'm sure you know - at the end, all the hard work, blood, sweat, and pain will be so worth it. I'm already imagining the finished thing and it's looking good.

Got a bunch done