Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: From Camry to Scion. Here we go.

1. Back To Top    #71

Re: From Camry to Scion. Here we go.

Quote Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
    What do you mean? Was thinking carbon fiber vinyl on the walls

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    Vinyl on the inside could look fine - I'm just thinking you'll have all the tactile qualities of vinyl.

Could look more upscale to make some panels that wrap around the outside of your plexi walls and install the vinyl on that, so it looks like carbon fiber behind glass.

Or I was thinking of something like making those outer panels also of plexi, frosting it with a random orbit sander on the "inside", using carefully aligned horizontal bands of clear double sided tape to bond it the outside of your existing walls, then edge-lighting that, or maybe your existing lighting is good enough to make a complimentary glow right up the frosted panels in a cool ethereal way (fade). There's even a chance that the tape edges might make some cool lines around the sides.

Either way, with all that plexi I think keeping the glass based aesthetic would keep things more in-theme, but of course take that with a grain of salt -
    I'm not there, I can't see it in person, and this is your project not mine.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

2. Back To Top    #72

Realized that when i designed this. I expected 2/0 wire to be ALOT more flexible than it is...woops

3. Back To Top    #73

Made my own hot knife for tech flex.

4. Back To Top    #74

Yup

5. Back To Top    #75

All wires are on quick connects which will have a main hub right behind the amp rack. Ill be able to disconnect the entire amp rack and pull it out extremely easily.

6. Back To Top    #76

https://youtu.be/KD7WHZmLhQo
    Short video of it in action. I be getting better leds down the line.

I still want the chasing effects down the wires but I don't think its worth it at this point as its all kinda hidden.

7. Back To Top    #77

Guts

8. Back To Top    #78

Been in south lake tahoe for awhile, enjoying the sights. Back to work on this.

9. Back To Top    #79

10. Back To Top    #80

It's shaping up good!
    I can't wait to see that amp rack in final form and all trimmed out - and I'm sure you can't wait either.

I feel like yours is about like mine about now - so much of the fab is prep and detail and feels like a ton of work that is in those all-important "hidden layers".
    Yours is looking good - will be awesome on that last day when everything buttons up.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk