Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: From Camry to Scion. Here we go.

1. Back To Top    #91
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Re: From Camry to Scion. Here we go.

I love the circuit board look, and how you made your equipment into through-hole "components" on the board. Very neat!

This reminds me of something Neil did a long time ago, using lights to illuminate the rings where wires pass through into the floor.

Here's a link: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...9#post-1614646
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

2. Back To Top    #92

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Zazzi View Post
    I love the circuit board look, and how you made your equipment into through-hole "components" on the board. Very neat!

This reminds me of something Neil did a long time ago, using lights to illuminate the rings where wires pass through into the floor.

Here's a link: https://www.diymobileaudio.com/threa...9#post-1614646
    I actually got all my initial inspiration from that thread.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

3. Back To Top    #93

Made a grill

4. Back To Top    #94

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210927_194442.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	225.7 KB 
ID:	16365

5. Back To Top    #95

Couldn't get my stage right with Dirac. Not that it was super bad or anything. It was EXTREMELY good. My Center left and Center Right were a little too close in the corners or too close to center.

So I tried different center measurement points in Dirac and found that dead center of my head and then two inches to the left got my stage perfect.

Also. I take my center measurement with me not in the car. The rest of the measurements I take in the seat. The way I see it. Since Dirac uses the first measurement for know what to time align everything. It needs to know the exact listening position without my big ass body in the way. However the rest of the measurements are with my body in the way as those reflections play into the FR/phase modes.

Sent from my LM-Q730 using Tapatalk

6. Back To Top    #96

Quote Originally Posted by Jscoyne2 View Post
    However the rest of the measurements are with my body in the way as those reflections play into the FR/phase modes.
    You know, there are people that consider that sort of thing to be audio blasphemy, but, like you, I find it pointless to measure/tune without me in the car because when I listen to my system, guess what, I'm in the car.

7. Back To Top    #97

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    You know, there are people that consider that sort of thing to be audio blasphemy, but, like you, I find it pointless to measure/tune without me in the car because when I listen to my system, guess what, I'm in the car.
    Agreed. I think any kind of T/a measurement with or without Dirac(like two mics or holm impulse) shouldn't have someone in the vehicle. The software needs to know the distance from driver to mic without a reflective or absorptive person in the way.

And while yes, the time it takes a sound wave to reach my head is affected by my body. You're going to get a far better approximate first T/a setting without flesh n clothes in the way.

You can and should dial in the T/A afterwards for a better center image/driver summing.

8. Back To Top    #98

Agreed. I think any kind of T/a measurement with or without Dirac(like two mics or holm impulse) shouldn't have someone in the vehicle. The software needs to know the distance from driver to mic without a reflective or absorptive person in the way.

And while yes, the time it takes a sound wave to reach my head is affected by my body. You're going to get a far better approximate first T/a setting without flesh n clothes in the way.

You can and should dial in the T/A afterwards for a better center image/driver summing.

Yeah, it's really hard to measure distance through your body.

9. Back To Top    #99

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    Yeah, it's really hard to measure distance through your body.
    How's your car these days?

10. Back To Top    #100

How's your car these days?

Umm, daily driving. I feel like you're referring to a long forgotten exchange we had about it.