Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O Scope Options

1. Back To Top    #11
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Re: O Scope Options

Quote Originally Posted by Ge0 View Post
    Check out Pico Scope and utilize a laptops superior display.
    Ge0
    Going to be ordering a pico this week... Thanks for informing me about these

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by Cutaway View Post
    Going to be ordering a pico this week... Thanks for informing me about these
    Just remember you don't need a high bandwidth scope for audio. You can get by with the cheaper options. Anything over 100MHz is overkill.
    Scanspeak - Bose

3. Back To Top    #13

It definitely has a pixelated LCD display, but the scale is easy to set. Not too tough to work around that, for gain setting and signal analysis using sine waves.

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    It definitely has a pixelated LCD display, but the scale is easy to set. Not too tough to work around that, for gain setting and signal analysis using sine waves.
    What has a pixelated display?

Ge0
    Scanspeak - Bose

5. Back To Top    #15

What has a pixelated display?

Ge0
    My little handheld single-channel Velleman.
    I still love it because back then, I'd have never justified spending $1500 on a real Oscilloscope. $250 was like a "holy shit!" opportunity to jump on before they figured out they should charge more. Still can't believe it's even cheaper today.

Is that pico a dual channel? I wouldn't mind a dual-channel option, but honesty my Velleman has been good for what I do- I'm (sadly) not internally scoping amp guts.

I actually was starting to look for one that also did all the DMM stuff too, but definitely want one with a continuity buzzer... my current DMM is just "OK", I'd pick up an upgrade if there was this rad added feature... like an O-Scope.

6. Back To Top    #16
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by geolemon View Post
    My little handheld single-channel Velleman.
    I still love it because back then, I'd have never justified spending $1500 on a real Oscilloscope. $250 was like a "holy shit!" opportunity to jump on before they figured out they should charge more. Still can't believe it's even cheaper today.

Is that pico a dual channel? I wouldn't mind a dual-channel option, but honesty my Velleman has been good for what I do- I'm (sadly) not internally scoping amp guts.

I actually was starting to look for one that also did all the DMM stuff too, but definitely want one with a continuity buzzer... my current DMM is just "OK", I'd pick up an upgrade if there was this rad added feature... like an O-Scope.
    I stand behind Pico Scopes because they work well for me and my team in an industrial environment. Your handheld is convenient but you are killing yourself on the display. A 2 channel Pico Scope for $115 blows it out of the water. Why pay for a display when your laptop already has a pretty good one? You can buy Pico Scopes from anywhere from $100 to $1000. It all depends on your needs. If you are just measuring audio signals then the 10MHz cheapo 2 channel model is perfect for you.

I need to measure power supply and amp output switching frequencies. i spec a device that has 100x bandwidth and maybe 4 channels. Anyone here that does not need to operate on amps does not need this. So save yourself some money and enjoy the love.

At work I have one or two scopes that can sample a 5GHz over 4 channels and decode comm buss signals like Flex-RaY, MOST, CAN, and LIN. These cost $20k each. A hobbyist does not need to spend this type of money anymore.

Ge0
    Last edited by Ge0; 3 Days Ago at 09:37 AM.
    Scanspeak - Bose

7. Back To Top    #17
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Still paying for a device with an ultra cheap built In display. Check out Pico Scope and utilize a laptops superior display.

Ge0
    Just wanted to say thank you for the suggestion, I ordered a pico and decided to also get a SMD DD-1+... Even thought the PICO will easily show me a clipped signal (along with other cool functions) i would still like to know when distortion (at least up to 1%) is present at which device is throwing it.

8. Back To Top    #18
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by Cutaway View Post
    Just wanted to say thank you for the suggestion, I ordered a pico and decided to also get a SMD DD-1+... Even thought the PICO will easily show me a clipped signal (along with other cool functions) i would still like to know when distortion (at least up to 1%) is present at which device is throwing it.
    Good choice. I know some folks like to judge clipping by watching a sine wave distort on a scope. But, by the time you see distortion you are well into the 10% and above range.

Ge0
    Scanspeak - Bose