Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: O Scope Options

1. Back To Top    #1
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

O Scope Options

What is everyone using as their handed portable O Scope? I'm just starting to look around at what's available and curious what you guys are using?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Wave Shepherd - aka Jazzi Justin Zazzi's Avatar

Re: O Scope Options

We have one of these at the shop and it's really nice. Maybe too nice for a non-professional. I certainly wouldn't buy one for myself. Actually, I'm not sure why I'm suggesting it. It does come with a full set of DMM stuff though too so that's good.

https://www.testproductsintl.com/digital-multimeters-dmms/440-true-rms-digital-multimeter/

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	440-192x400.jpg 
Views:	253 
Size:	16.0 KB 
ID:	11087
    Measure with mics, mark with chalk, cut with torch, grind to fit, sand to finish, paint to match.
    Updated Justin tuning sheet (Justin and Erica tuning companion for SMAART and REW)
    Do it for them.

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Cutaway View Post
    What is everyone using as their handed portable O Scope? I'm just starting to look around at what's available and curious what you guys are using?
    Copied and pasted from the other thread.

Just curious what O Scope you're using to verify this? I'm not being a smart arse, I'm asking because I'm trying to find options for a have held o Scope
    TIA
    I've got the 1.0 version of this
    https://m.liumytools.com/LIUMY-Oscil...ight-p-28.html
    It's not good for much other than detecting clipping and basic multimeter functions, but I didn't expect any more than that.

4. Back To Top    #4
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Quote Originally Posted by ckirocz28 View Post
    I've got the 1.0 version of this
    It's not good for much other than detecting clipping and basic multimeter functions, but I didn't expect any more than that.
    Thank you both, those are great options but i think this one is more reasonably priced for my needs

5. Back To Top    #5

Thank you both, those are great options but i think this one is more reasonably priced for my needs
    I also have the Liumy (2nd version, which honestly, isn't quite as good as the first version, from what I've heard). I believe the screen resolution is a little lower with the 2nd version, so it makes it a little harder to interpret an ever-so-slightly clipped signal from a clean signal - but you can still tell.

Besides the o-scope function, it also makes a good general-purpose multimeter (the 2nd version does have some improvements in the backlighting and display, other than resolution).

Which one are you looking at (didn't see a link or pic when you mentioned the "this one" in the post above)?

6. Back To Top    #6
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Look into USB scopes. My guys use Pico scopes at their desks for simple stuff. You can get a decent scope and lead for under $200

Ge0
    Scanspeak - Dynaudio - Helix - Bose

7. Back To Top    #7
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Which one are you looking at (didn't see a link or pic when you mentioned the "this one" in the post above)?

I was referring to the one that @ckirocz28 had posted...

Quote Originally Posted by Ge0 View Post
    Look into USB scopes. My guys use Pico scopes at their desks for simple stuff. You can get a decent scope and lead for under $200 Ge0
    @Ge0 - I was just wondering about these this morning on the drive into work. I wasnt sure if USB versions where a thing and if they were, are they reliable...

All of the feedback has been great, thank you

8. Back To Top    #8
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

I was referring to the one that @ckirocz28 had posted...

@Ge0 - I was just wondering about these this morning on the drive into work. I wasnt sure if USB versions where a thing and if they were, are they reliable...

All of the feedback has been great, thank you
    We have several Pico Scopes in my department. They have been very reliable. When my personal Tektronix hand held dies this is what I intend to use at home.

Ge0

9. Back To Top    #9

One of these guys, had it for something like a decade and it's still going strong.

https://www.parts-express.com/vellem...scope--320-290

It's only a single channel, which is fine for most things, but there are times I'd love to overlay signals. For the price though, no complaints. I think I paid $250 and that was unheard of for an O scope back then. I think this is now under $200 and there's a bunch of other handhelds.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

10. Back To Top    #10
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Still paying for a device with an ultra cheap built In display. Check out Pico Scope and utilize a laptops superior display.

Ge0