Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Table top jigsaw mount

1. Back To Top    #1

Table top jigsaw mount

Just a quick, simple tool build - this is something I have been wanting to make for a long time... I am always disappointed with my jigsaw cuts, so I am hoping this little thing helps. My hands aren't as steady as they used to be and I think my eyes aren't as good either, so my cuts aren't turning out very good and it's hard to keep the dust off the cutting line to where I can see it clearly.

I guess it's like a band saw made with a jigsaw, that has no size restrictions. It'll be a table top size and easy to clamp to a workbench...

I bought a Wen jigsaw because they are cheap, but get great reviews AND I needed it to be black. It also has all of the switches and knobs where I need them to be. Of course I'm using 3/4" Baltic Birch, and it will have a stainless steel top to match my router lift cart.

I routered a recess into the plywood to sink the jigsaw to give the blade a decent cutting depth/height:

That's where I'm at for now...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

2. Back To Top    #2
    Real Name
    Bobby K.
    Vehicle
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS

Re: Table top jigsaw mount

I think I see where this is going...and I totally can’t wait to see it! Rock on, brother!
    Kenwood DDX9903S, Arc PS-8 w/PSC, Arc Audio 1200.6, Helix SPXL1000, Audiofrog GB12D4(2) IB, GB60, GB25, GB10

3. Back To Top    #3

Yeah, cool idea!

Color-coordinated equipment?

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Grinder View Post
    Yeah, cool idea!

Color-coordinated equipment?
    Yes sir, my OCD isn't getting any better...
    2019 Jeep Wrangler 2 Door - Morel Elate 3 way, Mmats HiFi 6150 & M2000.2, Hutchinson NDFEB 10", MiniDSP w/DL, Fiio X5

#TRUMP2020

5. Back To Top    #5

It just needs paint...

#TRUMP2020

6. Back To Top    #6

Very nice! Have you tried it out yet?

7. Back To Top    #7

Very nice! Have you tried it out yet?
    Thanks! Not yet, I just glued the joints today, so I want them to dry and cure before I stress them... I still want to sand the edges a little, fill some holes and then paint it black. I really like how stainless steel looks against flat black paint.

It's supposed to match this guy:

#TRUMP2020

8. Back To Top    #8

Nice! Did you make that too?

9. Back To Top    #9

Nice! Did you make that too?
    Yes, I made that last year, here's the build thread, Lol

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...-a-mobile-cart

#TRUMP2020

10. Back To Top    #10
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I had a similar setup back in the early 90's, somebody made a metal plate with recessed screws to hold a jigsaw from underneath. It worked out great. The only problem I see with using 1/2" plywood as a base is you lose 1/2" of blade stroke. You might consider doing aluminum plate or phenolic plastic instead.