Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My 2001 Lexus LS430 Daily...

1. Back To Top    #21

Re: My 2001 Lexus LS430 Daily...

Ohh this is great news, Installing Morel tempo ultra 602's later this week and thought I was going to have to cut up the stock assembly to mount and pass the wire thru. How exactly did you feed the wire thru? Or what panels should i remove to make it easier.

Quote Originally Posted by SQ_Blaze View Post
    The new Audison AP1 tweeters showed up yesterday in the mail. So today...

I just went out and popped the grills off of the stock tweeters in the dash. The way these grills are designed and shaped, it looks like the metal mesh can easily be removed from the plastic portion of the grills, these little Audison tweeters dropped right in and tacked into place INSIDE the grills, then the mess put back in place, all while keeping the stock tweeters untouched in the dash below the grills. If need be the Audison grills can easily be removed as well to make even more room inside the stock tweeter grills.

There's plenty of room around the stock tweeters inside the dash to pass the speaker wires through to the new tweeters. So in other words, the stock tweeter grills will become a complete, functional Audison tweeter! Pretty darn excited about that!

And a few more beauty shots of all of the equipment so far...

2. Back To Top    #22

I haven't done any of it yet, but there's plenty of room in the dash opening where the tweeters are mounted to pass speaker wire right past the stock tweeters.

Just carefully pop the tweeter grills off and take a look at the space around the tweeters in there. You'll see what I'm talking about.
    2001 Lexus LS430
    Pioneer DMH-2660NEX | Pioneer GM D1004 | Helix DSP.2 | Rockford Fosgate Power T400X4ad | Morel TiW 634Nd | Audison Prima AP1 | Dayton Audio Ultimax UM8-22

3. Back To Top    #23

Looking closer I think ive realized your car is non ml correct? Mine is Im thinking I may not be as lucky with the space below the grill. I planned on destroying them/cutting them out originally anyways as it seems much easier then removing the dash.

I haven't done any of it yet, but there's plenty of room in the dash opening where the tweeters are mounted to pass speaker wire right past the stock tweeters.

Just carefully pop the tweeter grills off and take a look at the space around the tweeters in there. You'll see what I'm talking about.

4. Back To Top    #24

Again, just pop the grill and take a look instead of just guessing because yours is the ML and mine isn't.
    2001 Lexus LS430
    Pioneer DMH-2660NEX | Pioneer GM D1004 | Helix DSP.2 | Rockford Fosgate Power T400X4ad | Morel TiW 634Nd | Audison Prima AP1 | Dayton Audio Ultimax UM8-22

5. Back To Top    #25

Again, just pop the grill and take a look instead of just guessing because yours is the ML and mine isn't.
    Can you please show how you popped off the covers? I am worried that I will crack them and Lexus doesn't make them anymore. What I would really like to do is grab the stock speaker wire and wire in compatible tweeters to replace the blown originals.