Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Subless setup - Peerless SLS 6.5

1. Back To Top    #11

Re: Subless setup - Peerless SLS 6.5

Quote Originally Posted by lithium View Post
    The 8" sls is a popular door midbass driver as they work well IB. The 6.5 would be better ported as grinder pointed out. If you dont want to build a box I recommend an IB subwoofer install, if you can make it work in your car.
    That side view seems to show that with even a small mounting spacer ring, it might taper enough to fit in a factory 6.5" hole... Hard to tell though, they drew it on the most flattering angle in that way

2. Back To Top    #12
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

If I had more than 3" of mounting depth in my door you bet your ass a peerless SLS8 would already be there. My 2nd choice would be an SLS6 even over many other larger diameter drivers.

But, the OP said he can't use his doors for some reason. So, he should go to Crutchfield and look for a small powered sub he can put under his seat.

Ge0
    Scanspeak - Dynaudio - Helix - Bose

3. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by Ge0 View Post
    If I had more than 3" of mounting depth in my door you bet your ass a peerless SLS8 would already be there. My 2nd choice would be an SLS6 even over many other larger diameter drivers.

But, the OP said he can't use his doors for some reason. So, he should go to Crutchfield and look for a small powered sub he can put under his seat.

Ge0
    I have a French car which only fits 5.25” drivers and its limited depth as well.

Under seat would be interesting but again limited height there.

So can do front passenger footwell or rear foot wells to bring the bass more upfront.

The SLS is tempting as it’s got less depth than the eD 8” sub I have available but the eD sealed box requirements are smaller than the SLS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Back To Top    #14
    Vehicle
    Porsche Macan S

Quote Originally Posted by SiW80 View Post
    I have a French car which only fits 5.25” drivers and its limited depth as well.

Under seat would be interesting but again limited height there.

So can do front passenger footwell or rear foot wells to bring the bass more upfront.

The SLS is tempting as it’s got less depth than the eD 8” sub I have available but the eD sealed box requirements are smaller than the SLS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I hear you. I drive a European car as well. They make them narrow to fit in tight places I guess.

Anyway, maybe you don't need to go to this extreme. But, look at what a fellow forum member did with his kick panels. Second post down on this page:

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/show...ll=1#post52837

Ge0
    Scanspeak - Dynaudio - Helix - Bose

5. Back To Top    #15

Interesting that you mention that - here's a British guy who did some floor panel builds for midbass drivers, and had enough space to make it work for even some 8's possibly:
    https://youtu.be/4dYolSnMjfo
    It's actually a pretty easy to follow step-by-step.

6. Back To Top    #16

I'm using the SLS 6.5" in the door, sealed and matted. They're pretty decent. I think IB is not the best for these though, may sound much better in a proper enclosure. For the money spent I have no regrets. I run them 30 Hz to 250 Hz only. I have nice 6.5" mids, but the enclosure I made is suboptimal; I hear the enclosure more than the music in the 100s Hz range. So, I cut them off at 250 Hz and let this midbass pick up the slack, mounted in the unused door location.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk