Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Three years to get around to my own install.

1. Back To Top    #61
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

Re: Three years to get around to my own install.

I just saw your potential printed adapter and WOW! is all I can say. I had no idea that when I put it out here on this post, it would spark your interest that much so as to come up with a design and actually do it, that's pretty awesome! Sometimes I guess you never know when something like that will create a spark and start lighting a fire, that's really cool, I'm glad I could help. I've got this feeling people are going to want these. I know I'll be holding off cutting that hole for the speaker terminal cup until I get the firm word from you on when it may be in production, I'll be the guinea pig, that's okay...lol One thing though, looking at it from the underside, it looks like a brake pad. If there's any way you could make it circular or square for regularity purpose of cutting it out. Makes it easy when you have a 3" hole saw, know what I mean? Just looking at practicality.

2. Back To Top    #62
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

That magnetic speaker cup looks pretty slick, but is there any reason you would prefer it over something robust like a Neutrik Speakon connector?

3. Back To Top    #63

I also own four of these...
    https://www.parts-express.com/bohlen...back--264-7621
    Anyone ever play with them?
    They only handle 10w RMS which is probably my biggest concern. They aren't really a ribbon but I'll wrap the back and give them a listen when it comes time.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Tapatalk

4. Back To Top    #64

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    That magnetic speaker cup looks pretty slick, but is there any reason you would prefer it over something robust like a Neutrik Speakon connector?
    Well, besides "that's boring?"

I like the idea of a magnetic quick release.
    I also like a challenge...
    And I like good design.
    And when I spot a flawed design, I want to fix it.
    It's just like car audio - stock systems work, right? But then you think of things to improve.
    Can't help it.

5. Back To Top    #65

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
    I just saw your potential printed adapter and WOW! is all I can say...

One thing though, looking at it from the underside, it looks like a brake pad. If there's any way you could make it circular or square for regularity purpose of cutting it out. Makes it easy when you have a 3" hole saw, know what I mean? Just looking at practicality.
    Well what I'm thinking is doing a V.2 that's just a blank slate restart - so, sure!

I just thought the oval shaped cup was good, not just because it more mimicked the front and didn't waste big triangles of solid plastic - and more evenly spaced the screws. It's an easy jigsaw cut.

I'll give it a thought - I don't know that there's a way to fully get around an oval, but could maybe do like two side by side conjoined 2" circles or something. We'll see.

And there are 3D printing services online that do ABS - we'll have to see, that'll probably be faster than me buying one.

6. Back To Top    #66
    Real Name
    Alan
    Vehicle
    2018 Chevy Silverado Z-71

I've got a Prusa MK3, but have never tried ABS due to it needing an enclosure. 3D printing is one of the coolest, but most frustrating, things a person could ever get into.

If you'd like, here's the CAJ logo .svg

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/cajmaster.svg

or in PDF format

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/cajmaster.pdf

7. Back To Top    #67
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

I see what you're saying, like cutting two circles side by side like the snowman outline or an "8" kind of thing. Like using two, 1" or 1.5" hole saws, does that help? That's also cool that BigAl is letting you use the logo and getting in on this.

8. Back To Top    #68

Quote Originally Posted by BigAl205 View Post
    I've got a Prusa MK3, but have never tried ABS due to it needing an enclosure. 3D printing is one of the coolest, but most frustrating, things a person could ever get into.

If you'd like, here's the CAJ logo .svg

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/cajmaster.svg

or in PDF format

https://www.caraudiojunkies.com/cajmaster.pdf
    Thanks! That is awesome...
    Let's see if this tool can turn one of those into 3D.

I actually spent like 3 hours on a new design while my fiancee watched her reality TV.

I'll definitely find one that can do ABS... I found an ABS filament by BASF that is supposed to be stable printing on structures made from the water soluble filament, so I just might try to find a dual filament printer with a heated glass table, seems like I can find one for not too far over $500 even. I'm definitely not clicking any buy buttons until I know more, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mikeyt View Post
    I see what you're saying, like cutting two circles side by side like the snowman outline or an "8" kind of thing. Like using two, 1" or 1.5" hole saws, does that help? That's also cool that BigAl is letting you use the logo and getting in on this.
    Exactly... I think you'll like this improved design. Even made it easy to install. Good thinking.

And hell yes! No pressure...

9. Back To Top    #69
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

Just the thought of you doing this is super cool, may become a thing out here and elsewhere?

10. Back To Top    #70
    Vehicle
    2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab

I'm actually surprised this may be coming to fruition. I never thought I'd really be part of something, you guys are WAY above me!