Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Helix DSP Ultra

1. Back To Top    #31

Re: Helix DSP Ultra

Wifi controller is AWESOME. I don't think I could live without it. It works just like you're connected with a cable. Very fast, no issues whatsoever.

The *only* issue I've had a few times now, was that the wifi interface stayed powered up even after everything else shutdown. I *think* that happens (at least sometimes) if you leave the Helix software running and connected on your laptop when you close the laptop. I haven't tested it to be 100% sure, but ever since I made sure to exit the Helix app on my laptop before I close the laptop up, I haven't had the issue.

But that is a VERY minor issue that has only happened twice, I think. Barely worth mentioning.

Having the wifi controller also allows you to use a Helix phone app that has all of the functionality of the director (I think you need an ACO-based Helix though).

2. Back To Top    #32
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Quote Originally Posted by jtrosky View Post
    Wifi controller is AWESOME. I don't think I could live without it. It works just like you're connected with a cable. Very fast, no issues whatsoever.

The *only* issue I've had a few times now, was that the wifi interface stayed powered up even after everything else shutdown. I *think* that happens (at least sometimes) if you leave the Helix software running and connected on your laptop when you close the laptop. I haven't tested it to be 100% sure, but ever since I made sure to exit the Helix app on my laptop before I close the laptop up, I haven't had the issue.

But that is a VERY minor issue that has only happened twice, I think. Barely worth mentioning.

Having the wifi controller also allows you to use a Helix phone app that has all of the functionality of the director (I think you need an ACO-based Helix though).
    Thanks for sharing your experience, fantastic info...

3. Back To Top    #33
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Since you asked about both the Director and Wifi Controller, take note of this (from the AF website):

NOTE: Helix DIRECTOR is not compatible with WIFI CONTROL

4. Back To Top    #34
    Vehicle
    2015 Armada

Quote Originally Posted by Haakono View Post
    Since you asked about both the Director and Wifi Controller, take note of this (from the AF website):
    NOTE: Helix DIRECTOR is not compatible with WIFI CONTROL
    Ugggg I totally missed that...

5. Back To Top    #35

Ha! I guess that is why they have an app that does all of the director functions - because you can't use a director and the wifi module at the same time! ;-) Wasn't aware of that (don't use the director). I wonder why you can't use both....

6. Back To Top    #36
    Vehicle
    Nissan Cube - VW T4

Just happened to notice it when I was reading about the wifi controller. It at least saved me from buying one ($$$) since I have the Director already

Wondering if (meaning when) I should just go for a DSP Ultra, I was set on replacing my recently sold P six mk2 with another one, to be used with my P Two (six for components, two for dvc sub), or sell the P Two, get a DSP Ultra and some other amps alltogether.